#11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-01, 11:43
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/185/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%
Exclamation the PERFECT meal

Oh Claudio, I think the most perfect meal is ANYTHING prepared by someone ELSE. (And someone else washes the dishes too!) ...

The foods you listed sound good, healthful. What about vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage? These have very healing nutrients, and lots of fiber, which is good for the leaky gut. RAW garlic is very good for Candidiasis, maybe not so good for the social life! Do you like fish?? Many of the fatty ocean fish - tuna, mackerel, salmon, sardines - are good sources of the octacosanol that you inquired about earlier. If you do not like to eat fish, you may want to take a fish oil supplement.

It might be a good idea to stop the cheese for a few weeks. Or, maybe eat cheese or yogurt made from goat or sheep milk, NOT cow milk. For Candidiasis and leaky gut, supplements of lactobacillus Acidophilus are very helpful. Take this on an EMPTY stomach, with water, not with food.

As substitute for coffee? I speak as someone who loves and is addicted to coffee also - there is no good substitute .... For flavour, there are delicious brands of decaffeinated coffee - look for the "Swiss water process". There are no chemicals used for this, and the flavour and aroma is preserved. It is of course, more expensive. I do not recommend the roasted grain-based "coffees", such as Postum or Krakus. These contain barley and/or wheat, and will trigger allergies. Plus, they are not low in carbohydrates. Teas contain caffeine also, but much, much less than coffee. Have you tried green tea? For energy, you might consider Ginseng tea, especially the Siberian (eleuthro) and Panax types of Ginseng.

Regarding the whey and soy protein drinks. These are very good and useful way to get quality protein in the diet, and are very fast and convenient to prepare. Make sure that it is low in sugar carbohydrates. Some brands contain fructose which is sugar, and bad for the Candida. Here are some good ideas and recipes for using these protein drinks http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?threadid=282

Make sure also to drink lots of plain water. Maybe squeeze some fresh lemon or lime juice in it (do not use the bottled juice - full of citrate preservatives).

It would be great to go back to the doctors when your health is improved. Then they will say, "oh look, it's a miracle". And you can say back, "No, it was hard work, and I did it myself".

Good luck,
Doreen