View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 04:37
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

CKD didn't work for me, I think that 5-6 days wasn't enough for my body to recover from a proper refeed and start to burn fat again. Plus it seems I must keep calories very low to lose more weight. First starting Atkins as a teenager I managed to lose 40 pounds in "spurts" of induction. For the last two years I've been up and down the same 10 lbs, despite exercising a LOT and adding muscle under the fat. Looks good - but the only fat I've lost has been through the fat fast.

I made a plan for myself to follow until New Year to hit a goal (under 20% bf). Follow the fat fast with the exception of a) one cheat day, Friday b) Saturday a higher calorie day to be able to enjoy low carb foods that I love c) no dairy d) slightly more protein and calories to compensate for intense exercise. I cringe to say no dairy but I think it gives me diarrea. I've been eating cream cheese creations (thanks Homesar!) and last night couldn't attend bagpipe practice for fear of the pressure induced by playing pipes.

I'd love to read your results, Homesar! Not only are your posts informative they're entertaining!

Meg

ps: I don'thave a dog to imagine on a skewer, but after 5 or more days without a "break" I feel dangerous.