Thread: Not losing
View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 10:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/230/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Hi Linda! You did cheer me up immensely! I know that part of my problem is the lack of exercise. I am still sort of lurching about in my new found Ozzie Osbourne gait. I am hoping that my back will improve and I will be able to stay on my feet longer. I miss walking and we have a great walking path in the woods at the end of my street.

Eating out can be a pain, I can just see you looking at those shrimp on your plate! I travel a great deal as part of my job and often find myself in Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam and Brussells. I have found that no matter where I go, I can have chicken, fish or steak pretty easily, salad with vinegar and oil and a steamed veggie.

Like you, I am so full from lunch, I don't even want dinner, but cook for my husband when I am home because he misses home cooked food when I travel. He is only on the Low Carb Plan for one meal a day and has lost 25 pounds in 5 months. He still eats whatever he likes for lunch and ice cream every night. Good thing I am not tempted by sweets!

Since I live part time in Birmingham, AL and part time in London/Edinburgh I have turned lots of people on to Atkins. It is just now sweeping the UK in a big way. Lots of dining establishments are starting to offer several low carb meals and Delta Airlines is doing the same. I usually fly Continental because it is cheaper and I just take a few snacks to eat and skip those horrid airplane meals.

I think you are absolutely right about exercise. I really need to get more and find that until my backs gets better, the most excercise I seem to be able to tolerate is walking (like Ozzie) about with a shopping cart. So, I go to the grocery, TJ Maxx and places that have shopping carts! HAHAHA. I am not shopping, I am exercising!

Thanks for your reply. I am dedicated to this WOE because I have a mother and a grandmother who both have diabetes. I don't want to get diabetes, so I will continue this diet before something does go wrong and I am put on the diet by a doctor for diabetes.

Is that your photo? You are lovely. Hang in there and thanks for your kind words!