Thread: Not losing
View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 00:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/230/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Hi! It's 1:46 a.m here and I just turned 53. My husband is asleep and has been under so much pressure at work lately I am sure he will forget my birthday, too! LoL - I am having a private Pity Party and you are all invited. Please bring a group hug, too!

I started Atkins on 3/24/03. I lost about 20 pds in the first 3 months, but the scales varied widely from day to day and I have settled in at only a 10 pound weight loss in all these 5 months of induction!

I have had no cravings, but am tired of induction food, too. Still, I have been perfect with my diet, eating only 20 carbs and most of them fresh raw veggies. I eat mushrooms in place of salad often, because I am sick of salad! Used to be my favorite food!

I eat only 1 ounce of cheese a day, my calories are not high. I eat lots of fish, broiled meat and green veggies, steamed with butter. No cream, no lemon juice, no hidden carbs anywhere. I drink 5 quarts of water every day, too.

So, I guess I am just here looking for someone to tell me I am not the only one who isn't a fast loser. My 2 friends who went on this diet a month after me have lost 25 and 30 pounds respectively.

Do any of you use Ketosis strips? I only got some last month as a last resort because I was so depressed the diet didn't work. I had just talked to Atkins and gone on the Fat Fast for a week. Didn't even budge the scales!

I have never been a big eater. I have been a lousy eater - skipping breakfast and lunch for years. Having a nice low calorie dinner and gaining weight because I was screwing up my metabolism.

I broke my ankle a year ago and the hassle of walking around in a compression cast for months caused compensation problems with my back. I walk like Ozzie Osbourne now, but my doctor is treating me with muscle relaxants and I am getting better slowly.

I just want to lose some weight! I am so faithful and true to this diet. I just want a little bit more results that show on the scale. PLEASE encourage me!

Fat in Birmingham,
Lyda Rose