Thread: aspartame
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-03, 19:02

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Thanks for the reference. The same argument can be made for a number of drugs that get approved for prescription by the FDA...Big Pharma has a lot to answer to and for.

But this article does not answer my question. It points to the evidence of cancers in mice. It does not tell us if it was the same issue as with sodium cyclamate reearch...if they were feeding the lab animals amounts of aspartame that amount to what would be pounds of the stuff for us. There is no evidence given in what he says that the tiny amounts we consume are any worse for us than if we don't consume them. (I might also note that he advocates against using smallpox and HepB vaccines too, Smallpox was virtually radicated in one generation thanks to vaccines.)

I feel that they need to re-do the research on aspartame, using amounts that are mouse-equivalent to the absolute maxium that we might consume and see what adverse affects it has, if any, on animals. As he says, we have been 'guinea pigs' in its use for years, but doesn't provide any evidence anywhere that this has actually harmed us. The increase in diagnosis of cancer in the past 20 years can be linked with any number of things.. not the least of which is the enormous use of plastics, inhalation of exhaust fumes, cleaning chemicals, electromagnetics and so on.

I am not suggesting that aspartame is safe...I am just saying that it has not been shown to NOT be safe in humans at the dosages we use it. If we took pounds of aspirin or salt daily we would die. We are not taking pounds of aspertame. It is quite possible that our livers/kidneys can deal with it with no bad effects except to those that are particularly sensitive to it. We are all of us sensitive to particular things. (I am totally unable to take American Ginseng for example, and millions of others find it medicinal...)

Val