View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 15:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Sorry - I only had time for a quick reply. (You sure read a lot into 3 words! My first response, BTW, simply "Arugula", was rejected as too short a Quick Reply by the forum software.)

Curtness does not necessarily imply arrogance. I assumed "Faust" was a guy asking a question - a tough (embarrassing) thing for guys, generally. Notice how he phrased the question - as if frustrated ("What the heck...") and apologetic for having to ask ("Sorry for the OT question...") I gave him a quick, informational reply as if it were no big deal (with no "relationship building" - ugh).

Had a woman asked the question, I would have been much more chatty and charming, as that is a more appropriate style of communication with the fairer sex:

'Arugula (rocket) is a dark green, leafy plant with a tart, piquant, peppery flavor that varies in strength. It often shows up in salads called "field greens". The leaves have a shape like stacked hourglasses. '

Better?

BTW, I freely admit to my own arrogance. If you would prefer that I be more wimpy, I'll try to remember that, but you know what? Being a nice guy never got me a date!