View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 11:50

Plan: Dr Atkins/PP
Stats: 180/170/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi Blondie:

You are gorgeous and forget about what anyone says, especially my mother. (I mean your mother :P). My mother used to spend tons of money on 'unknown' miracle diet pills for me. Usually, I just stashed them in a drawer since I have no clue what is in it. Later I found out it was phen-fen from her friends in the states, scary, eh! It doesn't help either when my mother used to be the Beauty Queen and the most popular person on the planet.

What it comes down to is how you feel and the good results that has been happening to you! Most of our parents are 'pre-programmed' from their time. I remember I have to sit through a dietitians' recommendation for my bad liver about the 4 food groups, blah blah blah...

I did not say anything to anyone when I first started and just eat the protein and some veggies when I was invited out to dinner.

Some times when my friends (who loves Pasta) invite us over, I just tell them that we are cutting starches from our diet and will bring some pot-luck. Or I will bring Karen's fab cheesecake and suggest a BBQ.

So far, my husband had seen the results of this WOL and have changed his eating habits, my closest friend is on it just from seeing how well I am doing. So this WOL have some very positive outcome other than the effects it has on you. But most of all you meet great people on this Support Forum.

Keep your chin up and be proud of all that you have accomplished.