#7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 15:38
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Bubu.....

Where did #2 son get activated to? Iraq? Is he back yet? Didn't you worry? My son was in Army Reserve from 1980 to 1989. He had been out a year when his unit was called to the Gulf War. His best friend was commander of the unit and he felt guilty because he was not going, but I was relieved. My son-in-law was there though, but was only support so not in any danger. Son's unit was a chemical unit that goes in and cleans up after biological or chemical attack. Scary stuff!

Had another storm last night. Lots of close lightening and rain, rain, rain! We got 2.5 in. Centerville (10 mi west) got 6 in. Vermillion River is flooding all over the place. Have a friend who lives by the river. They are really watching the dikes. We are supposed to have more storms tonight. I have lived in SD for 59 yrs and have never seen a summer like this one. Weird!

My scale was up 2# this morning. I know my problem - snacking on too many macadamias yesterday. That's the problem with nuts...can't stop at just a few. I have to do a much better job of planning my meals. I get hungry and just go to the fridge and grab whatever is quick. Not a good plan! It causes a lot of snacking which is a terrible habit of mine anyway. It's being home most of the time. When I retired, I got so depressed that first year and ate to make myself feel better. So all the weight I lost during induction (21#) was weight I had gained since retirement. I wanted to be at 199 by next Monday. I won't make it if I don't get control of myself. I did really good last week but yesterday kind of fell apart.

We just have one small grocery store too. I can find most things there, but I really like to shop at HyVee in Sioux Falls or Vermillion. I go to Vermillion every Friday morning to teach a Bible study there, so usually shop then. I love their meat. And their selection of fresh vegies is wonderful. Sometimes I go nuts and buy more than I can possibly eat in a week. I have some good sirloin steaks thawed out for supper. Hope it's not raining by then so I can grill them. It's cloudy now.

Well, I do ramble don't I?
CYL

PS: The lb you gained is probably just water. Beer will do that - just like saltly nuts! I will come off quick for both of us.