View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 12:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hmmm....yes I agree that the food can be more expensive if you get extras like the drinks and bars. Like Mammoth says: if you stick to the weekly specials your grocery bill should be about the same. I indulge myself and buy shrimp when it is on sale and chicken breasts. All of the carb processed foods can be had for cheap because there is nothing nutritionally sound in them and they have mega-crops of the stuff.

I spent a lot in the beginning because I bought a lot of the goodies (subsequently can't having them because all of them contain dairy which I am allergic to).

A thought: You lost more on Jenny Craig? But here you are trying another diet plan because Jenny Craig didn't work longterm. I've seen more longterm success with Atkins than I have with any other diet plan.
The ONLY person I knew that suceeded at Weight Watchers was my sister at age 13 but I think her decision was based on sheer will because she was teased terribly for being *chubby* as a kid. Didn't know anyone that succeeded longterm on Jenny Craig.

Try to keep your eye on the longterm goal of weight loss and control over yourself and your diet. That is REALLY why you are doing it - in the hopes of keeping it off forever. I like this WOE and I didn't even think of myself as a vegie and meat person before I started. I just *FEEL* better eating these good foods If I spend $40 more a week in groceries maybe that's because I should have been doing that all along and not causing my body and mind so much misery. Yup, food is expensive alright!