View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 18:26

Plan: South Beach-esque
Stats: 194/159/140 Female 5'3"
BF:34% / 28% / 20%
Progress: 65%
Default alcohol and steroid intolerance = high or low cortisol?

Out of curiosity... I'm quite sure I have depleted adrenals but two symptoms in particular, I wonder about. Does anyone know if they're suggestive of either low or high cortisol?

1. Fatigue with any alcohol ingestion (not a big drinker by any stretch, but a few sips - not enough to get tipsy, MUCH less than anyone else at a party, and I still feel depleted, fatigued, crashed within several hours or the next a.m.).

2. Intolerance to steroidal medications. (I've tried to avoid these for a long time though once was prescribed an antifungal hair mousse of all things, which left me flat on the couch for a week after beginning to use it.) [I know things work transdermally, but just didn't think to check the ingredients panel, and turns out it contained a very powerful topical steroid that causes problems for say 1/5 of people who try it. It was only after I wondered what the hell had happened to my energy level, and why was I so sad all of a sudden, that I went looking around at possible causes and read the back panel of the mousse. And I'd TOLD the moronic dermatologist that I wanted to specifically avoid any topical steroids... they prescribed one anyway. Sigh.]
Sponsored Links