#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 21:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Asparagus with Garlic

I made this tonight because if I ate another piece of beef, I would have cried, lol. I am sure a many of you have tried something like this in the quest for low carb recipes, but I'll call it Sauteed Asparagus with Garlic

Amounts vary according to how much you would like to make, but it fairly fool proof so exact measurement are not at all of importance You will need:
Asparagus
Minced Garlic
Butter (I also used a little Olive Oil towards the end)
Salt
Pepper

I saw that 3.5oz of fresh Asparagus were 2 carbs, so since I had only had 5 carbs up until then, I decided to make a 1/2 pound and make it a meal instead of a side. But you may use as little or as much as you like of course Anyway, chopped up the asparagus into a 2" pieces, heat butter (as much as you like) and 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic (from a jar, about 1.5 carbs) in a pan on medium heat, once the garlic started to brown I tossed in the asparagus. I added pepper and a little salt and sauteed until the asparagus were tender but not squishy. This was just a trial but I am in love with this now. I am having it again tomorrow and it hardly takes any prep time and only about 15 minutes to cook!!
Sponsored Links