View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 17:54

Plan: atkins 20-30 carbs
Stats: 164/155/125 Female 61
BF:30%/?/?
Progress: 23%

Again, Jedswife, I didnt respond to disrespect anyones struggle to loose. I was refering to a lack of interest for others feelings. You know that I just realized I made such a fuss over what? Other people cheating? I have to disagree with you on one point though, I don't think that the overweight person is expected to be in control, on the contrary, they are expected to constantly be out of control. Just yesterday, my brother in law, sceptical and very overweight, came over and told me that I was going to have a hard time on the Atkins. I told him it was awesome and he laughed. He reminded me of my love for food and yes I admitted that I love food but that it's not my main priority anymore, I am hypoglycemic by the way, and he just went on to say that it's impossible for me to change. As you can see, I do agree that some just don't understand. So screw them, we don't need their negativity.

Its understandable for somone to cheat on this plan. I'd be stupid to say that for the rest of my life I wont eat bread. Only then would I be lying to myself. But 2 weeks on induction are serious and it pissed me off,(sorry) to hear that someone else (another newbie) had already binged and bragged about it. I have learned a lesson from the Atkins book and I respect it tremendously. That lesson is that this is a smart way of life..... I will keep this way of life for as long as I live... I WILL add carbs and treats from time to time. I will not deprive myself.... But under no circumstances will I come in here, to tell all my friends and fellow members that I just had a cheat when they are struggling so hard to stay true to themselves. As, I always say, we're in this together. I do respect how the overweight feel because i am considered Obese myself. Like I said I'm just trying to make a point. Some people get it and others just don't! It's not about being overweight it's about respecting other's feelings.

Jedswife, You may have posted something about your cheat , but I really wasnt refering to you, you have been on this for a while and deserve a treat. Your post just happened to be in the middle of it. I know you already heard this, but I just wanted to make sure you know. You're so lucky... you're thinner than me.

Terry