View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 09:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/144/125
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default What works for me is...

to only eat low carb cheaties. I started April 20th, and since I am nursing a new baby, I went straight to OWL, never did 20 g carbs. I hover around 35 g daily, and the weight loss is sllllloooowwww. I've only lost 7 lbs. But I am providing nutrition for my baby so I didn't want to do anything that would damage him.

Anyway, I have never touched any starch products at all. The times when I have let myself "cheat" just meant that I had a few more berries than I should have, or an extra Atkins bar. That way, it is not hard to get it right the next day.

I think that if you EVER let yourself eat true high carb, high sugar foods, you are simply setting yourself up for those horrible days 1-3 again.

THAT THOUGHT ALONE, those horrible cravings and sick feelings of the first couple cold turkey days, keep me from any temptations that I see. I cannot believe that I have a carton of donuts on my fridge for the kids and I haven't touched one or even wanted one. I know in my head that they are YUMMY. I also know in my head that I would love one, and two, and three, and would never feel satisfied even if I ate my fill. But my BODY doesn't crave them.

I am now feeling satsified after a good low carb meal or snack. That feeling of being satsified was simply never there for me on high carbs.

Also, the longer you stay away from sugars (and possibly even the sweetness of fake sugars), the more other foods will taste sweet to you, and you don't need the real thing. My berries are such a treat to me. And to think I used to actually SUGAR berries before!

Hang in there!
Yaelle