Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Liquid Sucralose (splenda) for about 1/2 the cost (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=462439)

gonwtwindo Sat, Sep-06-14 20:08

Liquid Sucralose (splenda) for about 1/2 the cost

For years I have used "Sweetzfree" liquid sucralose: one drop = 1.5 teaspoons sugar/zero carbs. $18.00 for one ounce.

I just bought "Splendex " liquid sucralose on ebay: it is the same one drop = 1.5 teaspoons sugar/zero carbs, but it's only $6.95 for one ounce. It seems to have less of an aftertaste, but maybe I'm imagining things. Anyway the savings is substantial and I thought I'd share.

Not affiliated!

JAnn Sat, Sep-06-14 21:55

Hey, hi and thanks for posting this. I was going to order Sweetzfree this weekend but I found some better deals on eBay. They end of being about half the price with the shipping.

jessdamess Sun, Sep-07-14 08:19

Thank you!

SunnyDinCA Sun, Sep-07-14 08:40

never shopped on ebay....has anyone tried amazon?

I bought some Apriva the other day, is it the same thing?....stupid me didnt look to see how much that little sucker was, but I will.

The thought of buying on ebay....are we going to get in a bidding war ladies.....LOL~

gonwtwindo Sun, Sep-07-14 11:06

No bidding wars...this is a fixed price. Click the button that says "Buy It Now". Also you have to have a PayPal account (also owned by ebay) to pay for purchases.

And Hi JAnn :)

Kristine Sun, Sep-07-14 15:51

That's a great deal. :thup: So the product is legit? You can tell it's just as sweet?

As a note to us Canucks, Sweetzfree is still a better deal after the shipping. No extra charge for Sweetzfree to ship to the Great White North. :thup: I don't know about other products on ebay; I didn't really look too hard.

jessdamess Mon, Sep-08-14 09:42

Let us know how it tastes, if you don't mind. :)

gonwtwindo Thu, Sep-11-14 01:14

It tastes great!! I use the same # of drops (as I do with Sweetzfree) for the sweetness I like in my coffee. It lacks an aftertaste. It's a more natural flavor for sure.

I can't speak to anything else on ebay as I have only tried the one called Splendex.

JAnn Thu, Sep-11-14 11:11

Ordered it today. Thank you again.

It's nice to have you back!

gonwtwindo Fri, Dec-12-14 00:31

Thanks JAnn! Not doing much low carbing yet, hopefully after New Year.

JAnn Mon, Dec-15-14 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
Thanks JAnn! Not doing much low carbing yet, hopefully after New Year.

It will be nice having you back.

jinxie Mon, Feb-16-15 00:36

I order liquid Splenda from a lady in the States who buys it bulk, and then bottles 65 8oz bottles of it. I have been buying from her since 1999, and have recommended her to my friends here and in the States.

She doesn't do it for profit. We are just a buying group (from old Yahoo Group days) who put together our orders three times a year.

If anyone is interested in more details, let me know

Cheers!

jinxie in Port Coquitlam

gcagle Sun, Apr-12-15 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxie
I order liquid Splenda from a lady in the States who buys it bulk, and then bottles 65 8oz bottles of it. I have been buying from her since 1999, and have recommended her to my friends here and in the States.

She doesn't do it for profit. We are just a buying group (from old Yahoo Group days) who put together our orders three times a year.

If anyone is interested in more details, let me know

Cheers!

jinxie in Port Coquitlam

I'd like her contact info... PM me or email me. gcagle .......

~gmail.com