Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Confession Booth (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Cheating Dreams (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=461341)

CaliRocker Tue, Jul-01-14 03:18

Cheating Dreams

Lately I've been having some weird dreams, which is odd because I barely ever remember having any dreams at all when I wake up. I dream about cheating, a couple nights ago I ate 3 slices of pizza and in the back of my head I kept thinking, "Don't eat that!." I would wake up and still taste the pizza and then feel better when I realized it was a dream. Lol. Then last night I had the same kind of dream with chocolate covered oreos. Am I the only weird person here that does that, or am I not alone?

Sereen Tue, Jul-01-14 03:21

Well honey, if you're gonna cheat, that's the way to do it! :D

CaliRocker Tue, Jul-01-14 03:26

Haha. I know, right?

khrussva Tue, Jul-01-14 07:16

Be careful! Some of the people who post their daily weigh-ins have attributed an uptick on the scale to a dream about cheating the night before. I guess even those imaginary carbs can be a nightmare. :lol:

My oldest daughter joined me in my LC WOE about a month ago. She has done amazingly well. But she too has said she has had several dreams about cheating. I have had them, too - but not lately. Sticking to our plan is very important to us and we wrestle with urges, cravings, and simply memories of eating carb loaded food -- sometimes consciously and sometimes subconsciously. I'm not surprised that this conflict occationally manifests itself in our dreams. As long as we don't take them as a vision of the future, I think we'll be OK.

CaliRocker Tue, Jul-01-14 10:45

I was thinking that maybe that was a sign that I was going to cheat, but I never get cravings during the day, only in my dreams. Haha.

Quasimodo Tue, Jul-01-14 10:53

I *think* I can remember having a cheating dream last night, but I can't remember it to save my life! This was my first time, ha ha.

sexym2 Tue, Jul-01-14 12:26

I started a thread about this some time ago, I've had dreams with ice cream and cookies floating in front of me. The last one I was eating those monster cookies and ice cream and I woke up suddenly thinking I had eaten them. I was so upset I woke up BF and we checked the bedding for crumbs :lol: I haven't had them since but I'be been on plan for a while now so they have probably settled down on their own.\

As for cheating, in your dreams is the way to do that :lol: I've had some wowsa dreams lately but not of food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cough, cough. . . I must have a vivid emagination :nono:

So Fine Tue, Jul-01-14 19:20

I used to get "cheating" dreams all the time after I quit smoking. I used to dream I would buy a pack and smoke half of it before remembering that I quit. I've been smoke free for 10.5 years now, so cheating dreams are probably nothing to worry about :)

jessdamess Wed, Jul-02-14 08:40

I've been having them. Halfway through I suddenly realize I'm supposed to be eating LC and freak out. "What will my LC buddies think!!!!" The horror. :lol:

bworthey Thu, Jul-03-14 20:56

I had a dream the other night - had a ham sandwich with sour cream and onion chips. The whole time I was eating it I was rationalizing in my dream the amount of carbs with each bite!

CaliRocker Tue, Aug-19-14 06:26

Over two months in and I'm still having cheating dreams. Only difference is now I don't freak out like I used to. Now if I'm cheating in my dream I think, "Well I better enjoy this because I'm going back to eating low carb after I finish". Haha