Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   South Beach Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   starting south beach today (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=425437)

8gk Fri, Mar-25-11 12:52

starting south beach today

I am planning to start the south beach diet today. I haven't been to the grocery store yet this week and may not have time till Monday so these first few days will be as close as I can get with what I have on hand. I lost weight on atkins many years ago, but over time gained it all back plus more. I don't want to try atkins again as it wasn't something I could stick to long term. Hopefully south beach will be, although I confess I don't have a whole lot of will power these days. I plan to post my menus from the previous day each day and would love it if some of you would tell me if they look OK. I am trying to talk one of my married daughters into doing this with me so we can encourage each other. I am ready to start, but scared I won't stick to it.

Judynyc Fri, Mar-25-11 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gk
I am planning to start the south beach diet today. I haven't been to the grocery store yet this week and may not have time till Monday so these first few days will be as close as I can get with what I have on hand. I lost weight on atkins many years ago, but over time gained it all back plus more. I don't want to try atkins again as it wasn't something I could stick to long term. Hopefully south beach will be, although I confess I don't have a whole lot of will power these days. I plan to post my menus from the previous day each day and would love it if some of you would tell me if they look OK. I am trying to talk one of my married daughters into doing this with me so we can encourage each other. I am ready to start, but scared I won't stick to it.

Welcome! :wave:

I look forward to seeing your menus! :cool:

javamel Fri, Mar-25-11 16:21

Me too! I post mine every day in my journal and am vowing to continue every day!

javamel Fri, Mar-25-11 16:45

Oh, and maybe post your menu before eating and then come back to tweak for any changes. That is what I am trying to do because I found sometimes if I don't feel like eating the veggies, I remember I posted it already so I eat them. Also, if I have to tweak later, it may show me where I am going wrong!

Art Girl Fri, Mar-25-11 17:14

I haven't even caught a glimpse of what South Beach is... but I wish you the best of luck! :D And keep exercising!! :P

Judynyc Fri, Mar-25-11 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Girl
I haven't even caught a glimpse of what South Beach is... but I wish you the best of luck! :D And keep exercising!! :P

If you're interested in seeing a bit about it, we have the food lists for both phases and meal plan charts for each too. They are located at the start of our weekly weighin thread. :idea: :wave:

8gk Sat, Mar-26-11 08:13

thanks for the welcome. I posted my menus on a new thread, but how do I start a journal so I can start putting them there?

Judynyc Sat, Mar-26-11 08:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gk
thanks for the welcome. I posted my menus on a new thread, but how do I start a journal so I can start putting them there?

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172775

This link will tell you all you need to know to start and use your journal and other's also. :)

8gk Sat, Mar-26-11 19:05

thank you, judynyc. That link made it easy!

Judynyc Sat, Mar-26-11 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gk
thank you, judynyc. That link made it easy!

Your welcome! :wave:

Art Girl Sat, Mar-26-11 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
If you're interested in seeing a bit about it, we have the food lists for both phases and meal plan charts for each too. They are located at the start of our weekly weighin thread. :idea: :wave:

You = extremely helpful. Thanks for looking out for the n00bs! <3 :) :wave:

Judynyc Sun, Mar-27-11 08:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Girl
You = extremely helpful. Thanks for looking out for the n00bs! <3 :) :wave:

Your welcome!! :wave:

Thanks! :o