Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   30 Minutes or More.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=383165)

Shirss28 Tue, Sep-30-08 22:52

30 Minutes or More....

I have decided to start a "Gym" log after I realized tonight how important it is to keep consistent workouts going. The main reason I usually don't get my workout in is because I think I don't have enough time. Which leads me to my goal of getting at least 30 minutes of a structured workout in EVERY day. I often find if I get in a good routine of getting to the gym or doing an workout DVD (yoga/tae bo) it is SO much easier to stay on track, additionally, if I tell myself "30 minutes," I usually end up working out harder and longer!

My mini-goal is to not miss a day until my wedding Nov. 1 - I don't care what the scale says on that day but I know I will regret my body not feeling "good" for slacking on the exercise.

Tonight's workout: 40 minutes on the treadmill - intervals 2.5 minutes at 4 mph / 2.5 minutes at 5.8 mph - a little over 3 miles and 300 calories burned

Thinking I might pop in my Fat Blasting Yoga Dvd tomorrow night...

Shirss28 Wed, Oct-01-08 22:07

I did it....I procrastinated until 9:45 pm but I popped my yoga DVD in and did my 30 minutes tonight. I haven't done it in a while and forgot how good it feels when I'm done:)

Shirss28 Thu, Oct-02-08 22:23

3 days down..

I've gotten my 30 minutes in now 3 days in a row. It's crazy how I do feel a little bit more obligated to get to my goal now that I actually wrote it down. The next couple days may be a little tougher....I'll definitely have to bring my Yoga DVD to my parents over the weekend and my running shoes:)

Tonight I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill - intervals of walking and running 4 mph/6 mph. I watched the VP debate kept my workout interesting!

Shirss28 Sun, Oct-05-08 15:16

I've gotta play "journal" catch-up after my busy weekend....

Friday: I was super busy and was ready to do my yoga workout at 10:00 at night, but then...my mom and I started working on making little wine charms for glasses for my wedding. Seeing as we don't get to spend a lot of time together, I didn't push to do the yoga instead. After about an hour I hit the hay and failed to get my 30 mins in for the day :nono:

Saturday: 30 mins Yoga DVD

Sunday: walked 3.5 miles

Tomorrow's workout - unsure yet?? Probably hit the gym later at night or possibly tae bo.

Shirss28 Mon, Oct-06-08 21:23

30 minutes DVD Fat-blasting Yoga

Shirss28 Tue, Oct-07-08 22:45

I got in a late workout at the gym - 40 mins interval walk run - about 3.2 miles

Shirss28 Thu, Oct-09-08 06:06

No workout yesterday :nono: but I will be heading for the gym to get in 3-4 miles of walking. Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day-I'll have to get up at 5 am if I want to get a workout in!!

Shirss28 Thu, Oct-09-08 20:47

4.5 miles walking at 4 mph - watched Grey's Anatomy at the gym... the time flew by!!

Shirss28 Sat, Oct-11-08 12:39

No workout yesterday - it was a completely busy day and I knew I probably wouldn't get one in.

BUT...I got 5 miles in this morning for a good cause and the weather could not have been better.

Shirss28 Mon, Oct-13-08 21:08

No Sunday workout but 4 miles walking in an hour at the gym tonight. Going to bed now so I can get up and do yoga...tomorrow's a busy day and the only time I can fit in a workout is at 5:30 am (I am NOT a morning person :lol:)

Shirss28 Wed, Oct-15-08 20:50

I got a good 3 mile run in tonight outdoors. I put turned on my ipod and took off thinking I would only do 2 miles but it felt so good to be out that I ended up doing 3. It was a chilly night but by the time I was done, I was sweating pretty good. I'm going to try to get in a good workout at the gym tomorrow night while watching Grey's - I'll at least walk 4 miles but I should probably throw some intervals in there to burn a few extra calories.

Shirss28 Thu, Oct-16-08 21:15

4.12 miles while walking, with a few jogging intervals in there. An hour total of cardio.

Shirss28 Sun, Oct-19-08 22:01

Haven't been keeping up with the gym log, but I've been getting my workouts in...I did 3 miles of intervals today and plan to get some yoga in tomorrow night. I gotta make up for some real bad choices last night :nono:

Shirss28 Sat, Oct-25-08 07:53

Eek! Haven't been here in a while but I've been doing pretty good. Got a good yoga workout in and plan on going to the gym today for a little cardio. I signed up for a month of tanning at the gym, I usually do not like tanning because it is SO bad for you but I wanted a little bit of color for the wedding. I pretty much only spend about 5-6 minutes in a stand up, but it is so relaxing and motivates me to get to the gym, especially because it is getting so chilly here!

Got in a 3 mile walk at the gym, I did a couple intervals of running but I had no energy....I plan on going back tomorrow, hopefully I'll get a better workout in then!

Shirss28 Sun, Oct-26-08 19:29

Only 30 minutes on the treadmill today - walk 2 min /run 1 min. I had too much stuff to do, I just didn't have the patience to be on a treadmill!!!