Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   omg fried zuchinni (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=139196)

devil03 Wed, Sep-24-03 18:45

omg fried zuchinni

Ok I just tried it for the first time tonight, I cut them into fry sizes, melted butter spread all over them, added spices to my taste(garlic, oregano, pepper) mmm they were so good. I baked for about 15 mins, they didnt get crispy as I would like.(the skin did) Does the inside get any crispier? they were still awesome.

thanks for your suggestions
DEVIL

Glenda Mon, Sep-29-03 09:38

YOu should try frying them in the frying pan. Coat each slice with egg, then roll them in crushed pork rinds and or/parmesan cheese. Then fry in lots of butter. YUM!!!!! They will be very crispy on the outside.

Glenda

devil03 Mon, Sep-29-03 09:55

oh ya thanks, i guess that would work 2 lol.

BlitzedAng Fri, Feb-06-04 14:04

I fried mine after dipping in minicarb zero carb mixture with egg. Added some shredded parmesan before frying... YUUMMMMM with lc marinara.

leshaimors Tue, Feb-10-04 10:55

i use a deep fryer, more of an even all-over fry

salome923 Sun, Jun-27-04 23:03

There is a little down home dinner in a small town not far from here that has fried zucchini on the menu... it was so yummy! This reminded me of that - why havent I thought of this before? Good snack! I have 5 more days of induction and am already getting bored! lol.

Thanks for sharing!
Jen

jdreams76 Mon, Jun-28-04 01:01

Try adding some a slice of bell pepper to the mix YUM! I love the way the 2 flavors mix together.

NERDGIRL Sat, Jul-17-04 08:23

OMG I am so trying this today

unaxoxo Fri, Nov-24-06 14:11

its time for my snack anyways. i'm gna try this now =)

Beeezy Sat, Mar-03-07 11:26

this sounds really good to try with okra too!

fashay Fri, Oct-19-07 20:05

If you're going to dip them in egg and coat with parmesan cheese then you don't have to fry them......you can bake them.

fashay Fri, Oct-19-07 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by salome923
There is a little down home dinner in a small town not far from here that has fried zucchini on the menu... it was so yummy! This reminded me of that - why havent I thought of this before? Good snack! I have 5 more days of induction and am already getting bored! lol.

Thanks for sharing!
Jen

Is this not induction friendly?

march2812 Sat, Dec-15-07 20:41

Mmmm, so yummy! I'm going to make those and eat them with some ranch dressing.

jonsereds Sat, Mar-22-08 15:53

I do a little different spin, I grill them on my forman grill, just brush on Olive oil, butter and spices. yummy!

lowjax Mon, Mar-31-08 14:32

I have made these twice this past week. A little simpler than most, but yummy. I just slice them thin, throw them into a frying pan with a little butter, fry till golden brown or crunchy, pull em out, and eat em. No seasoning or anything else. I love them that way.