Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Help, I'm a refugee... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=350898)

cajuncutie Sat, Oct-06-07 09:36

Help, I'm a refugee...

From the Kimkins site. Hope that you guys are welcoming us with open arms. Cuz I'm afraid I for one am a very "lost sheep" looking for a flock to join - in this crazy quest for weightloss. I haven't been on many "real" change of life diets, even though I've been overweight off and on, for most of my life. So I'm afraid I really need guidance, no idea which direction to go in :help: or where to start! After beginning the K/E June 11th, I lost 28 lbs in 5 weeks, but I fell off plan early August and wasn't been able to get back on it. I gained back 3lbs. not too bad considering I really haven't been dieting since then. Not sure what diet direction to head for, although LC seems to be the angle for me, and I look forward to learning more and more. I intend to do alot of reading to help myself, and any helpful hints I can gather from you folks would certainly be appreciated!! :D

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. :wave:

amadeus431 Sat, Oct-06-07 10:16

Glad you found your way. I think it's safe to say that any of the lowcarb sites will welcome you!

Daryl Sat, Oct-06-07 10:26

Welcome, fellow cajun :)

You'll find a wealth of information, and great people, here.

For some reading, check this out: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=343913

IrishShrty Sat, Oct-06-07 15:18

Hi, welcome to a great start of a healthier woe, which ever low carb plan you chose!

JAnn Sat, Oct-06-07 15:59

I've been reading some about Kimkins and no wonder you feel lost. There is a wealth of experience and information here. We like LCing because we can lose weight and feel better at the same time! :) Research away and ask questions--and welcome home!:wave:

LessLiz Sat, Oct-06-07 16:10

Welcome Cajun. Glad you survived the KK experience.

pennink Sat, Oct-06-07 16:15

Hi hon,
I was a veteran low carber and fell into the low fat/low carb thing... thank goodness I got off without too long going by.

I found Atkins 72 works great for me, but you should check out the other low carb plans to see what you like best. After K/E anything else will seem easy peasy, trust me. I still feel guilty eating fat, but wow, I am waaaaaay over that now (as I sit here gobbling a piece of cheese).

Welcome, and please, consider us all your friends! If you have any questions, ask away!

oakdryad Sat, Oct-06-07 17:01

Hi Cajun! I'm a *refugee* too. :wave: I got banned this week...and I can only think it was because I was telling people they weren't eating enough, especially enough protein and fat. All they'd tell me was *TOS violations.*

It doesn't really matter anyway, because I'd been transitioning to something closer to Atkins or PP anyway. The last month and a half has been high stress, and I knew I'd need more fat and protein to make it through that without diving face first into the carb-y mess I used to eat. :lol:

Welcome to both of us, and have fun finding a new plan that you can live with and even better, be satisified with. :yum:

Glad to see others here.

cajuncutie Sat, Oct-06-07 17:21

Thank you all for the very kind welcome. :D I am ready to jump in feet first!! I know I have lots to find out...thank you Daryl for the link!! It's gonna be a bit overwhelming to acclimate myself (once again) :roll: I've got tons to do!!

Kisal Sat, Oct-06-07 17:22

A very warm welcome to you, Cajuncutie! I'm glad you found us! You will find a lot of encouragement, support and information here. It's a great place! :wave:

Daryl Sat, Oct-06-07 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncutie
Thank you all for the very kind welcome. :D I am ready to jump in feet first!! I know I have lots to find out...thank you Daryl for the link!! It's gonna be a bit overwhelming to acclimate myself (once again) :roll: I've got tons to do!!

You're welcome; as the others have said, if you have any questions, let us know. :)

BluePants Sat, Oct-06-07 18:37

Welcome, glad you got out of that KK situation and found this site. Its free and you won't get any bad advice here.

cajuncutie Sun, Oct-07-07 11:43

Will I ever be free of Kimkins....

Please don't think I am a drama queen...It's just that I began reading the below thread looking in my quest for the "just right" diet for me, and checking peoples journals, and somehow ended up here. I opened the link, and OMG, can't believe what I've unexpectedly run upon, and just had to put it out here in black and white so I could get affirmation one way or the other!! :eek:

I of course read the whole story, and found myself a bit fascinated that the plan she writes about (from '05) seems less "over the top", by way of not being as low in calories. Am I still too easily influenced by this diet, or just plain gullable? Or have I been brainedwashed into believing it is fine to continue, just tweek it - right there in the thread they suggested not doing it for more than a week. What is it about this diet....Is it the ease of the K/E that I am drawn to???
Please advise.... As I may need a platoon to help keep me on the straight and narrow!!

proc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfGumby
Due to much rastination, and several as yet to be named excuses, I have officially started the Meat and Egg Fast today.

I read all 66 pages of a thread about the fast this morning and it steeled my resolve!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=234866

My first impression was wow! This post in particular is exemplary at laying out the plan...(it's long, bear with it though)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...mers+Experiment

I will start weighing myself again on Wednesday....

Wish me strength and will power, luck is for the weak! :wave:

cajuncutie Sun, Oct-07-07 12:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakdryad
Hi Cajun! I'm a *refugee* too. :wave: I got banned this week...and I can only think it was because I was telling people they weren't eating enough, especially enough protein and fat. All they'd tell me was *TOS violations.*

It doesn't really matter anyway, because I'd been transitioning to something closer to Atkins or PP anyway. The last month and a half has been high stress, and I knew I'd need more fat and protein to make it through that without diving face first into the carb-y mess I used to eat. :lol:

Welcome to both of us, and have fun finding a new plan that you can live with and even better, be satisified with. :yum:

Glad to see others here.

Hi oakdryad....welcome to you too!! :D What exactly is PP? This finding a diet strategy is hard!!

Daryl Sun, Oct-07-07 12:05

cc, you may get a bigger response if you post this in the general low carb section :)

Then again, kimkins gets a lot of attention no matter where it is, so I may be wrong.

My quick take is, the meat & eggs deal is somewhat similar to Paleo/carnivore eating, which is fairly simple (if restrictive), and is healthier than eating processed foods and carbs, in my opinion.

SE Tx, huh....... :)