Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Low Carb Products to AVOID (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=200656)

tortoise Sun, Sep-12-04 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by db81971
ummmm.... I might be the only one here, but Hood milk (white)... YUCK!
:Puke:

Not the only one. I think it's totally vile.

My daughter eats Special K, and we have both kinds. I just looked at them, and neither have trans-fats. They both have sugar, including HFCS, but the low-carb one has pretty small amounts. If it gets protein into my daughter in the morning, I'm happy with it. (I haven't tasted it myself, as I can't eat wheat.)

Because of the wheat thing, and that I avoid SA's (except erythritol) and transfats like the plague, I haven't tried many specific low-carb products.

S_Hysmith Mon, Sep-13-04 10:59

From a taste and texture perspective, Dannon's "Carb Control" yogurt is pretty good. The Yoplait LC yogurt, on the other hand, was more than twice as expensive and that whipped-mousse texture they're trying for went down more like gelatin than yogurt, which turned me right off.

honeydust Thu, Sep-16-04 17:10

The Reeses low carb peanut butter cups are horrible!

KristyC Thu, Sep-16-04 17:28

I dig the Reese's LC PB cups, actually. I thought they were very good. :D

HappyCampr Thu, Sep-16-04 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynC
I don't like the regular Hood Carb Countdown white milk, but the 2% version is much better. (I was surprised because I'd assumed that full fat would taste best.)

I can tolerate either, I like the chocolate though.

but the milk is fine to use when making ice cream and cooking, no?

HappyCampr Thu, Sep-16-04 20:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Hysmith
From a taste and texture perspective, Dannon's "Carb Control" yogurt is pretty good. The Yoplait LC yogurt, on the other hand, was more than twice as expensive and that whipped-mousse texture they're trying for went down more like gelatin than yogurt, which turned me right off.

I agree with this.

lperk002 Mon, Sep-20-04 12:56

Pacific Chai Latte (all flavors, +/- 4g net carbs) has hydrogenated oil.

Iowagirl Wed, Sep-22-04 10:05

Ok add EAS coffee shakes to the list.

db81971 Fri, Sep-24-04 08:37

Atkins pastas.......:Puke: Unflavored cardboard! No matter how long you cook it, it is still hard and chewy.

-Beverly

dodg4kat Fri, Sep-24-04 10:47

Sorry, but I thought the EAS coffee shakes were wonderful, especially the caramel flavor...and I LOVE the Hood chocolate milk..

zorra_1 Fri, Sep-24-04 17:19

Sooo Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by db81971
Atkins pastas.......:Puke: Unflavored cardboard! No matter how long you cook it, it is still hard and chewy.

I bought the Pesto one and thought I would die after eating 2 bites. I let it sit while I made something else and it just sucked up all of the sauce. I want to try Dreamfield's but I'm scared.

Bikersmurf Fri, Sep-24-04 20:03

Don't be afraid of Dreamfield's...

I agree... Atkins pasta tastes (and looks) like rubber bands. Dreamfields is like regular pasta in taste, texture and appearance, nothing to worry about there.

4beans4me Sat, Sep-25-04 14:39

I think LaTortilla Factory tortillas are AWFUL. :thdown:

4beans4me Sat, Sep-25-04 14:44

I've also tried and thrown away, KETO oatmeals, Cheeters crackers/flatbreads, Walden Farms salad dressings, and all LC SlimFast products. :Puke:

pecan Sun, Sep-26-04 06:10

hmm. i like the atkins pastas.

although, back in the day, i used to LOVE corn flakes so...maybe i like cardboard. :lol: