Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   PCOS (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Help!!! Third period in a row!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=362538)

TiredFedUP Sun, Jan-27-08 03:05

Help!!! Third period in a row!!!!

Dear PCOS group,

I don't have PCOS, but I figured that your group knows more than average about womanly problems. Like Marisant who posted a little while ago, my period is totally non-normal since I started lcing on January 2, 2008. Today, 27 january 2008, I am starting my THIRD PERIOD OF THE MONTH. I can think of a whole bunch of more fun things to do than have my period virtually non-stop. Can somebody out there please share some advice and experience with me? Has this happened to you? When did it stop?

Please respond. :help:

ReginaW Sat, Feb-02-08 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredFedUP
Dear PCOS group,

I don't have PCOS, but I figured that your group knows more than average about womanly problems. Like Marisant who posted a little while ago, my period is totally non-normal since I started lcing on January 2, 2008. Today, 27 january 2008, I am starting my THIRD PERIOD OF THE MONTH. I can think of a whole bunch of more fun things to do than have my period virtually non-stop. Can somebody out there please share some advice and experience with me? Has this happened to you? When did it stop?

In some women, when they liberate body fat, they liberate stored estrogen and throw off their normal-clock-work cycles for a few months until the body adjusts. If your period doesn't normalize itself within a month or so, go see your gynecologist....and if at any time it gets very heavy, go see the gyn also.

gummiebear Fri, Aug-13-10 22:46

I just posted the same situation on this board couple of minutes ago. I'm also wondering why I'm getting periods and period symptoms.

sondora88 Sat, Aug-14-10 02:54

I was the same at first (even despite being on the pill), it weirded me out but I gave it a little time and its sorted itself out now.

lisabinil Thu, Aug-19-10 22:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredFedUP
Dear PCOS group,

This happened to me but it turned out I had fibroids. I suggest scheduling a checkup. :)

hblade Fri, Aug-27-10 12:44

I agree with the pp about releasing estrogen while changing to a LC lifestyle. If it goes on for more than 8 weeks I would call your gyn and set an exam. I have this problem when I have polyps or cysts.