Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   43 days and 30 lbs...... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=38316)

BIG-BOBBER Sun, Mar-24-02 02:18

43 days and 30 lbs......

Over 1/3 to my goal.... must admit it has been sort of easy outside of a few minor temptations..one thing I must say though is that I personally have been able to cheat with a few beers occasionally ( only Miller Lite though.not my favorite Pabst ) and continue to lose weight at a rate of .625 lbs. per day. I have quit cold turkey all my pain meds that I needed in the past for severe back pain... not that I don't still have pain but I just deal with it differently now. I own a small cafe and staff and customers are starting to notice the " transformation" if you will of the Big-Bobber ! I don't consider myself to be a vain individual but I must admit I do get excited about being able to fit into clothes that I once wrote off as "things I used to wear". When people ask me how much I want to lose they think I'm nuts..260/230/180.. but truthfully my goal from the beginning was to lose an 80 lb. " bag of water softner salt ", the kind that my salt delivery person sometimes leaves at my front door when no-one is home and I have to carry down to the basement myself. After carrying down 1 or 2 of those downstairs you start to realize that in essence I am carrying that amount of weight everyday ! So now I just keep plugging away, working in lots of 5 lbs as my new challenge. On Monday I go for my yearly complete physical and it will be interesting to note the cholesterol figures, blood pressure, and the like after this phase of my challenge... because that's what this is you know, a challenge to myself that I can do this and once I have done it ( and I guarantee you I will ) the next challenge will be to maintain it. But, unlike in the past when I have lost weight and shortly there after put it right back on like a "freaking goof "... I will have a new and for me basically easy way to keep it off... LOW CARB ! So.. I will probably post again at the 2/3 mark.. and let everyone know how it is going for the " Big-Bobber " ! By the way.. I guess I am posting this thread not to brag or anything.. but because when I started this campaign I came to this site for some sort of comfort and received it with all the great posts from so many of you that have had success with low carb.. especially DANKAR because as you will see when I do reach my goal and post my before and afters that I in fact was much like him. I even printed out his afters... not that I am a " switch hitter " or anything... not that there is anything wrong with being one... just that I used his story as incentive for myself and still do ! Enough already... I am going to hit the hay..
Later....
- Robert - Alias... The Big-Bobber

dankar Sun, Mar-24-02 21:15

WTG! Robert

Robert, congratulations on your great progress. Karen and I can't wait to see your before and afters when you are ready to post. We'll be looking for them. Keep up the good work. Good night and dream about those last two numbers in your stats matching. This is one dream that WILL come true. dankar

BIG-BOBBER Sun, Mar-24-02 21:32

Thanks dankar..

without sounding stupid and no reply is needed.... THANKS !

In_Control Wed, Mar-27-02 21:22

Very inspiring!!!

That's great Big-Bobber! I can only hope for that kind of success! You have boosted my morale and resolve, thanks and wishing you continued success.

:cheer:

bojake Mon, Apr-01-02 11:32

Good job!

Big-B,
Good job on your 30lbs down. Our starting numbers are very close and I too have been doing Atkins for 45 days, yet I have only lost half as much. I'm still pleased with my progress but would like to be losing closer to your rate. I lost 12lbs the first two weeks, then its been a very slow race to the finish. I'm not struggling or cheating but wonder what I can do to increase my loss rate. Do you exercise? Any personal tips or suggestions? Everyone's different but its great to see success stories from someone with the same starts and goals as I have, its a definite inspiration. Keep up the good work.
Bojake

BIG-BOBBER Mon, Apr-01-02 14:46

BOJAKE.

Thanks for the kind words and the best advice that I can give at this point of our goals is... dont ever give up ! Even if you slip...and we all do... jump right back on that horse because you probably didn't do as much damage as you think ! Keep on !

Robert... The Big Bobber !

BIG-BOBBER Wed, Apr-03-02 13:14

Dr. visit report...

:daze: I have waited to report my complete physical results from 3-25 as the blood work had not come in yet... they came back today... I have been taking blood pressure medicine for the last 8 years and a week before my Dr. visit my pills ran out so I thought I would hold off getting another prescription until I saw the doctor... he was shocked to first see what the scale read..-30 lbs from my last visit and when he took my blood pressure he almost
/xofgh as it was totally normal... He then said " I guess we can get you off your blood pressure medicine" and when I told him I had not taken it in a week, he almost /xofgh again ! I don't know about the rest of you if taking blood pressure medicine affects your energy, but it made me tired all the time... I could sleep 10-12 hours if I could when I was taking them. Now, since I don't have to take them I feel much, much better. The blood tests showed normal cholesteral ( spelling ) and basically normal everything for the first time in probably 10-12 years ! The doctor wrote on the blood report that " this is the type of result he would expect from someone who was on Atkins and lost 30 lbs. "
This for me is great news cause I have always been afraid of having a stroke or something and surviving that but have to be pushed around all day by my bride of 22 years in a weelchair or something. Shoot.. she pushes me around enough as it is !:bash:
Anyway.. Atkins is working its magic and so am I... till next time..
The gettin "smaller all the time" Big Bobber !

Cher Sun, Apr-07-02 16:03

Way To Go!

Big Bobber...errr...should I say "Smaller Bobber"...

Thank you for posting your success story. My mother and I are doing this WOE together, and she has been very concerned about her cholesterol...she also takes high blood pressure medication. It's funny, she was just expressing her concerns to me this morning and I called her back with your story. I think she felt "inspired" by both the weight loss and medical success that you've had. Of course...I'm already a believer...all of my bloodwork came back normal.

I think you've done an awesome job...your story will inspire many :)