Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Hello?????? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=479053)

Jonahsafta Fri, Feb-02-18 13:17

Hello??????

Any maintainers around?

Grav Fri, Feb-02-18 13:28

Sort of. 2017 was my first year of maintenance, and it went well for about 8 months before a few pounds of slippage crept back in. Currently working on shaking said slippage back off again.

thud123 Fri, Feb-02-18 13:29

What do you mean by "maintainers" ? :)

Maintain a specific body weight over time x?
Maintain a specific way of eating?
Maintain a positive attitude?

If answer yes to all three or even one of above then, Yes there are plenty of maintainers here :)

bluesinger Fri, Feb-02-18 14:59

Hi,
If you mean maintaining weight loss, there are quite a number of us here doing what we call M. It could be trying to stabilize at a lower weight before trying to lose more or just maintain the loss we have.

I see you already know Just Jo. Just about the best cheerleader around. :)

Drop by a few journals and say hello. You'll get more of a feel for the Maintainers here in the forum.

Good for you and all your success.
g

cotonpal Fri, Feb-02-18 17:49

I'm not a big fan of the term "maintainer". I simply continue to eat a healthy (real food) low carb diet, not much different from when I was losing weight. As long as I keep net carbs under 20g per day I don't gain weight. I have found a healthy way to eat and I stick with it. For me it's as easy as that.

Jean

Jonahsafta Fri, Feb-02-18 20:36

Thank you for your replies...I am of need of maintainers support and victories and struggles

Jonahsafta Sun, Feb-04-18 20:30

Maintenance to me means stabilize my eating and exercise...and that usually translates to weight.....I love the term "maintainers" because FOR ME IT NOTES: consistent and steady eating and exercise......

Enomarb Mon, Feb-05-18 07:26

hi Deborah-
yes, still here going on 15 years. Amazing. Maintaining is the slog of just doing the work. Consistency, yes. Just how I am . And how are YOU doing???
E

Jonahsafta Mon, Feb-05-18 20:24

Eno...you nailed it!!!!! I am more struggling with life than eating...but the truth is I have not been focused.....

Enomarb Tue, Feb-06-18 05:13

so what's happening???
E

khrussva Wed, Feb-07-18 08:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
Sort of. 2017 was my first year of maintenance, and it went well for about 8 months before a few pounds of slippage crept back in. Currently working on shaking said slippage back off again.

DITTO. My weight bounce peaked last September - 25 pounds over my low a year earlier. Since then I've slowly taken 10 of those pounds back off. I'm still working this WOE. Still looking for the right balance between being OCD/Nose to the grindstone about my eating vs. lightening up just a little bit and living my life. There are lines that I cannot cross if I want to remain weight stable. Last summer I crossed over a few of those lines. It wasn't cheating. It was just a few too many carbs which lead to more unhelpful behaviors. Anyway, I'm back on the right side of those lines again and hope to stay here.

Jonahsafta Fri, Feb-09-18 12:07

It's good to know I'm not the only one......slippage is NOT my friend......I am trying to recommit to regular exercise....trying is not DOING

Jonahsafta Fri, Mar-02-18 08:22

Good morning ..I hope everyone is having a terrific FRi......

khrussva Fri, Mar-02-18 08:37

I'm happy to announce that I've managed to get my head and my diet back in line with my goals. The slippage that occurred last spring and summer has come to an end. The last 6 months I've slowly, but surely inched back down towards the place where I want to be. I never went off the rails with my WOE, but I did have a learning experience. Even metabolically healthy my carb tolerance is still rather low. I added back a few too many carbs last year and did not maintain. Now that I'm back on the keto side of the fence, all is well. Now I just gotta be consistent and stay where I belong.

deirdra Fri, Mar-02-18 10:25

Another maintainer here, but I mainly follow the more active sections/threads of this forum: LC studies, research & media; Daily support General & Atkins; Health & Technical sections.

For me, maintaining isn't about weight-tracking, but checking this forum daily to keep up with the latest studies and members' new ideas that I can use to tweak and make maintaining easier. It provides continuing motivation to keep on track.