Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Today is my third day on induction (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=481649)

Lumos Thu, Nov-29-18 11:10

Today is my third day on induction

My first day was great, but yesterday I had an accidental slip-up.

I bought what I thought was diet raspberry ginger ale, but after a few delicious sips I became suspicious that it tasted too good to be diet, so I checked the can again. Sure enough, it was not diet!

As I expected, I became very hungry after that and I woke up starving this morning, and tempted to eat off-plan, but I stuck it out and thankfully I am still on plan.

Also, I am down 7 pounds already after two days. Yay!

barb712 Thu, Nov-29-18 11:31

That's the moral of the story. Just keep going! Congrats on the 7 lb weight loss. Sounds like you're doing terrific.

By the way, I did the same thing one time with what I thought was sugar-free gelatin. I grabbed two of the wrong boxes off the shelf at the store, made one box, wondered why there was so much more powder than usual but shrugged it off and ate it. A few days later I went to make the other box and realized I had eaten a mountain of gelatinous sugar. And I'm still here to tell about it :eek: :daze: :D

mike_d Thu, Nov-29-18 15:56

Make it thru day 4.5 and it gets way easier.

Lumos Thu, Nov-29-18 21:25

Barb: Ah, so I'm not alone lol! I just have to pay better attention. :)

Mike: Yes, it will get easier soon (I hope) - but only if I avoid accidents like that. :P

Ms Arielle Fri, Nov-30-18 11:24

Just keep going!! You will get there.

Start a journal if you wish and others will chime in with support as well.

You've got this!

teaser Fri, Nov-30-18 11:57

Could happen to anybody. I once drank a full can of diet coke, before realizing the colouring of the can just looked like diet coke, it was a Christmas promo can of regular coke.

Kristine Fri, Nov-30-18 14:30

Same here. I made an effort to cut back caffeine a while back, and I bought a 12-pack of what I thought was caffeine-free Diet Pepsi. It tasted funny; I thought maybe it had expired. I was 6 cans deep before I realized it was regular. :o

Entropy39 Tue, Dec-04-18 20:11

Question about beauty consult primo beets nutritional supplement and they have a green thing also primo greens
Also they have chewable thing for cholesterol

faduckeggs Wed, Dec-05-18 17:27

I've been LC since 2007, and just yesterday I drank half a can of blood orange pelligrino before I realized it wasn't just flavored water, but it had 130 sugar calories in it.

It happens. I've still met my goal and managed to maintain. So don't let it get you down.

LiterateGr Wed, Jan-16-19 09:31

A week or two ago, I ordered a Diet Coke and was given a root beer. (I was eating hot wings, so didn't NOTICE until I was most of the way through my drink.) Definitely feel your frustration.

I'd love to switch from soda to tea, but I live in the south, where "Sweet tea" (which I can't stand the flavor of) is the norm. Have to fight to get my regular iced tea, and often the bin has been contaminated with sugared-tea. I can taste it, but because it's not as sweet as "Sweet tea". At least with sodas, I know some careless teen hasn't emptied the wrong stuff into the wrong dispenser.