Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   anyone had success with one meal a day plans? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=451169)

Chubz Fri, Mar-15-13 09:54

anyone had success with one meal a day plans?

Intermittent fasting, one meal a day. Maybe a protein shake other than that and green tea and water?

kayin Fri, Mar-15-13 23:17

IF day 18

I do 22/3 so 22hours fasting and a 3 hour window for eating. I lose an average of 1/2 pound a day. (I'm on day 18)

I'm not hungry during the day so I eat between 5 and 8 pm. Other than that I have tea and diet coke. I put a tiny bit of cream (up to 80 calories a day - yeah I know I shouldn't be counting) in my tea, and the fat in that plus the caffeine (as in green tea) keeps me going all day long.

There is a long thread on IF in the challenges section that I just resurrected and there are lots of people only eating once a day there. Might want to check it out.

movingon Sat, Mar-16-13 08:47

Interesting. I opened this page up thinking would that slow your metabolism? But it appears to work well for you. I might think abt a variation...every other day, etc to keep my body from figuring out what I am doing. Intriguing.

Chubz Sat, Mar-16-13 14:41

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=432803

E.W. Thu, Jul-11-13 14:57

Funny you should bring that up. I only personaly know 3 people
who have lost a lot of weight and kept it off for over 10 years
and all 3 of them used one meal a day. One lost ~65 lbs another lost ~110lbs and the last one lost ~ 155 lbs. Oh
the one man who lost the 110lbs kept it off about 40 years.

A while back I was doing something similar, Fast5. This is when
you restrict your eating to a 5 hour period. Most people lose
about 1 lb a week eating all they wanted during the 5 hours.
And that was true for me also. After doing it about 6 weeks
and losing a few lbs I combined it with JUDDD. This worked verry
well for me. But I have some real emotional issues about eating
and my weight. ( I am surprised I don't see a lot of talk about this ) Well I think I worked out those emotional issues and just
started back on Fast5 this monday. It sure feels good to be
back on a plan again.

E.W. Tue, Jul-30-13 06:49

I tried it , Fast5 and JUDDD. I may have lost a pound a week if that
much on eating just one time a day or confining my eating to a 5 hour
period ( Fast5 ). But I do know 3 people who have lost a lot of weight
and kept it off eating just once a day. One lost ~50 lbs another lost ~100lbs
and another one lost ~135 lbs and they all kept it off 20 years or more.

I was having verry good sucess with JUDDD till some emotional problems
made me go back to the food. Of all the food plans I have tried I realy like
JUDDD the best. I wonder why we don't have a JUDDD group here.

LosingMe16 Tue, Jul-30-13 08:11

My first go-around a few weeks ago with an IF routine honestly showed a weight gain, but I believe it was hormonal rather than due to my IF routine (I was eating from noon-6pm and fasting the rest of the day). After I shed the water weight (I lost almost 5lb in two days...lol) I basically started the same routine again mostly because I end up not being hungry most of the day anyways...and I steadily lose at least 0.4 lb a day, sometimes more. Even with the gain in the middle of the month I lost it quickly and then some; I am at 12.4 lb lost for the month of July.

Dr. Mercola posted a fair routine that I want to mimic; I want to add HIIT (high-intensity interval training) to my routine soon for an hour before I break my fasts. I had the diagram from his Facebook page but now Facebook seems to not want me to find it (I love how I can't even see all of my PERSONAL posts, ugh). Usually when I start drinking my water in the morning, even if I am a little hungry, I can last until noon without really needing to eat.

Some Mercola Info