Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Halfway there! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=64734)

Talon Mon, Oct-07-02 13:29

Halfway there!

I'm not at goal yet, still have a little less than 50 pounds to go, but last week I found a "before" picture. I am not sure exactly what weight I was when it was taken, but it was most likely close to my highest... maybe a little less. I wore the same shirt today, and had a co-worker take another photo, same desk and pose. Here is me about 54 pounds lighter.

I am so proud of myself! 54 pounds in 10 months, might not be lightening fast- but it just goes to show that those little losses add up! On to the next 50!

asugar Mon, Oct-07-02 13:38

WOW!!!!!! What a difference 54 pounds and 10 months makes! You look mahvelous, dahlin and it couldn't happen to a nicer lowcarber! :yay:

What a great idea to use the same pose, shirt, and hairstyle. The only difference is the eyeglasses and the 54 pounds, and the 54 pounds is a big difference.
asugar :wave:

suze_c Mon, Oct-07-02 14:51

Weigh to GO!!

That's awesome gal! :yay: :Party: :dazzle: :Party: :yay: WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! I bet it inspires you to see it in comparison! You are inspiration for us all~ Keep up the fabulous work~ :thup:

TriciaW Mon, Oct-07-02 17:25

WOW!

Thank you so much for posting your pictures! Isn't it great seeing such a difference---you look wonderful! I like to wander in this section for motivation and I am always rewarded. Congratulations on doing so well!!

Kristine Wed, Oct-09-02 17:52

<b>Oh my!!</b> That looks like two different people!!! Your face looks totally different!

You look great! Lots of luck and continued success!!!

tamarian Wed, Oct-09-02 18:49

Wow!! Talon!!

You look half the woman you used to be!! :thup:

Wa'il

Talon Thu, Oct-10-02 04:22

Thanks everyone! Yep, my face does look different, it was taking on a puffy, heavy look. The jowls were sagging a bit. They still are a bit, but not near as much as they were. A few people have even said I look younger - which of course I don't mind. :)

In another 10 months or when I reach goal, I'll add that picture too!

DarkLotus Thu, Oct-10-02 08:10

WOW!!!! You look fabulous!!!! Wearing that shirt was such an effective way to show just how much you have lost. You look like a different person! Keep up the fabulous work! :cheer:

Yank_in_NC Thu, Oct-10-02 08:18

Halfway there!

WOW...you look fantastic!!! How nice it was of you to post those pics. You're an inspiration to us all!!! Great job and keep up the good work. I hope I can be as successful as you. Great job girl!

By the way....that shirt is waaaayyyyyy toooooo big for you now! :D

wantolose Thu, Oct-10-02 11:48

totally awestruck!

I am SOOOO happy for you - and we don't even know each other!!!!

I felt like I was looking in a mirror.....at your 'before' picture... I too have long dark hair, that I wear pulled back, glasses, and weigh about the same.....

I only hope I can look as good as you do when I get that weight!

Thanks so much for sharing! You deserve all the kudos and yahoos!! Keep up the good work!

Vikinggirl Thu, Oct-10-02 12:25

Impressed and inspired!

I can just repeat what the others have been saying! You are really an inspiration to me, and surely many others! I will keep your great job in mind, when (if??) I start feeling cranky about the long road yet to walk....

lkonzelman Thu, Oct-10-02 12:32

You look great!

What a difference you should be so proud of your accomplishment, not that weight is what we are all about but.... WOW! :cheer: :cheer:

ginkirk Thu, Oct-10-02 12:33

Oh

MY

GOSH!

Wonderful Job!
:thup: :) :thup: :) :thup: :) :thup: :) :thup: :)

krazzybird Thu, Oct-10-02 14:38

Talon -

WOW WOW WOW WOW !!!!

You look great!! Congrats on your success ! I like how you tried to "duplicate" the pic - (with the only thing different being the amount of you!) You are an inspiration - thanks for posting it!

Talon Thu, Oct-10-02 15:01

Thanks everyone! If I can do this, every one of us can do it. I've never been able to stay on a "diet". Part of it was I was always hungry, part of it was using food as a comfort, or a reward for doing good. I had to examine why I turned to food when I was stressed or upset, gave myself "time limits" where I would go eat something high in fat (cheese and such) and then later I wouldn't even be hungy. Sometimes I would mistake thirst for hunger, and taking a good swig or two of water would help.

Yep, the types and amounts of food was a problem, but the mental part I think was/is the most of it.

Stick with it!