Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   still cant believe it!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=250135)

sezzles Tue, Oct-21-08 07:48

well done, i hope i can follow in your footsteps :)

TriciaH Mon, Oct-27-08 12:16

That was amazing!

Thank you so much for your story. I'm only on day 8 and am utterly amazed at how well I feel...not just how good but well, you know? Reading your post affirmed much of what I've been feeling. Much more energetic yet calm and peaceful sense of well-being. I'm taking good supplements as well which I think help. I appreciated your enthusiasm and feel so inspired. I haven't yet weighed since the baseline weight when I started - which was 190 - but will weigh in 2 days. Want to make sure I see a difference. My clothes fit differently already and a number of people have commented that i look to be loosing weight. I'm thankful to have this place to talk to each other because it's not something I can talk about with just anyone.
Thanks again!

houndgirl Sat, Nov-01-08 19:45

If this doesn't seal the deal for me doing Atkins-LOL! Amazing results!! You really look great and should be proud of all your hard work.

DEBBIE2007 Tue, Dec-02-08 18:54

WOW what a great story, :thup: :thup:

Thank you so much for sharing it.

How much did you Erexcise :q: :q:

I can stay on plan with little or no problem.

But I just can NOT Exercise I have tried with no LUCK.

Just how important is it to Exercise. :q: :q: :q:

Debbie :)

Evi Fri, Dec-05-08 20:45

Inspiring!

Congratulations on your success! I have just started low carbing but am having a hard time breaking out of the "fat is bad" theory. I was so brainwashed for so long to eat a low fat diet and count calories and this is totally new to me.

What does your daily diet look like? Did you or do you count calories?

Gosh, just to be free of the sweet/carb cravings would be freedom in and of itself.

Any tips or advice :)

Skyliz Sat, Dec-06-08 13:55

A very inspirational story, Jo. You look marvelous!

CallieM Mon, Dec-08-08 15:23

Hey im 15 and want to be skiiny.
For teens, "thin is in".
Ive been on atkins for a month and a half, lost from 199 to 173.
I want to get down to 130, and im 5'5".
I was wondering if you had any special tricks that helped you?
I really want to be 130 by May, so i have about 5 months to work to get there. I'd love to look great in a swim suite for once in my life.

-Callie

soapluvr Mon, Dec-08-08 17:47

I don't have any tips to tell you callie but please whatever you do don't give up. I'm 54 and been thin all my life but I'm doing low carb for health reasons to avoid diabetes. I sometimes fall off the wagon like yesterday when I ate six different kinds of cookies at a party but today I'm right back on. It's worth it. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!! that was always my motto when I was younger.

UserXYZ Wed, Jan-21-09 19:09

Well done on the weight loss, that's amazing.
Might wanna use some more sunscreen though so you can retain your looks and not become a complete prune.

Bri-z Tue, Jan-27-09 07:33

wow!!! you have done so great..
You're as total inspriation to me I have 48lbs to go and your story was just what I needed to hear to keep it up and recharge my battery..
thanks..

RESARESA Sat, Jan-31-09 04:17

a newby

:wave: Hi you look great and i can feel your joy in your story i'm fairly new at this and am loving it all the tim i feel so good when i eat this way I just try to take each day as it comes.i am the mother of three 13,7,2 so I am suronded by cereal,pancackes.etc. but it helps me get stronger and stronger when i can fix high carb meals and not have to eat them :idea: eventually i am going to start introducing my family to the lower carb lifestyle, well actually i already have but they just don't realize it. Well thanks for being an inspiration to a newby:)

ribbit Mon, Feb-09-09 12:46

:)

I love this story that is so great. I was weighing in at 198 when I was a vegetarian in highschool, then I read online some of the benefits of high protein low carb diet and I am now at 165, I was 157 but then I got a divorce and got sad and started slacking. I'm trying to get back on track, if you have any suggestions like maybe things specifically out of atkins I would gladly take the advice,thank you! :wave:

LadyK1984 Sun, Feb-15-09 11:37

Holy crap you look great. Thanks for posting I'm so motivated now.

LadyK1984 Wed, Feb-18-09 19:29

Wow talk about change. Big Big change. You look great. I'm extra motivated now. :D

Equinox Sat, Apr-11-09 08:06

Just looked through your tummy tuck album. Makes me almost long for my own! Even though your infection looked painful.

I haven't lost the weight yet, but I know I'm getting the tuck if I need it, and can't wait to get to see the new me...