Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   still cant believe it!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=250135)

ojoj Fri, Jun-09-06 02:03

Gosh, thanks for all your lovely compliments!!

Three years since starting Atkins, two years since hitting my goal and I'm still thrilled, amazed, happy, fit, healthy, low carbing......... please, just stay with it and enjoy!! IT WORKS!

Jo

Entropy39 Sun, Jun-25-06 20:59

Dear Ojoj"

I just read your success story and am SO happy you shared it with me.

When I was getting married in 2004 I was very tempted to do low carb and I think my mom told me not too. I had just ordered the dress in April and I was 163 at the time and my wedding was going to be in Nov. I ended up weighing 149 on my wedding day but the pictures I feel, make me look very "chunky". I was once 128 but on a very unrealistic diet and I do miss being that weight.

The fact that you were able to get to 128 gives me SUCH hope that my goals aren't unrealistic and that if I stick with this it will work!

thanks for this story you posted and for inspiring all the newbies (I am 27 years old and glad I discovered LC)

LilHellion Mon, Jun-26-06 04:58

Thank you for your encouraging words! It' good to now that this lifestyle is attainable for the long term! Great post.

camppearl Wed, Aug-09-06 07:41

I just spend 20 minutes looking at all your pictures and reading your posts. I am truly inspired!! I CAN do this! You look AMAZING!!! I am going on a cruise in May and I WILL be in a bathing suit and feel good about it! THANK YOU for sharing your journey!

ojoj Wed, Aug-09-06 10:38

Thank you Camppearl and thanks to everyone for all your lovely compliments - it really means alot. What means the most to me is that I am inspiring others to achieve what I have.

PLEASE, Please dont just think you can do it - KNOW you can and do it - If I can anyone can, its not hard, I'm nothing special, just stick with it.

xxx

joylorene Thu, Aug-10-06 10:39

WOW YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!! What a great shot of encouragement for me

If I can ask you - would you go thru with your tummy tuck again if you had to??? I am debating because I'm sure after I loose my weight that I'll be faced with that decision.

Any regrets??

ojoj Thu, Aug-10-06 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by joylorene

If I can ask you - would you go thru with your tummy tuck again if you had to??? I am debating because I'm sure after I loose my weight that I'll be faced with that decision.

Any regrets??

OH YES!! I wish I'd done it sooner, but I kept thinking I could lose the tummy somehow, until my doctor told me that the only way I'd lose it was with surgery, cos my muscles underneath were out of place due to my pregnancies (quite common apparently) and that the skin was stretched and that was that!

The op itself went very well, my recovery went very well. I was out of action for about 2 weeks and I would do it again in a heart beat!!

Jo

Lefty40 Thu, Aug-10-06 12:53

Wow... just great! Really great! I hope to follow your lead!

mommyamy Fri, Aug-11-06 10:04

Amazing!! Great Job!

lcgrrl2006 Fri, Aug-11-06 21:11

Jo,
Thanks so much for the slide show which shows your wonderful progress. You are a beautiful woman!!! I have wanted a tummy tuck for 30 years and am more motivated to save the ten thousand or so to have it done once I am "done". Denise

kiszes Wed, Aug-16-06 15:06

Congratulations girl

I read your success story and was really amaze, for a moment it describe me and my crave for sweets and constantly eating.

However, time and time again I failed at low carb and I am happy to say today I have been cheat free, 5 days now and looking forward to many more days.

Thank you for sharing your story, it was an inspiration and reminder that I can do it, I will try harder to practice patience and tolerance.

A VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!

newlcer Fri, Aug-25-06 20:57

Amazing! I think I'll do this for my 50th next year! 25 lbs to go! Cath

patricia1 Sat, Dec-23-06 00:00

Thank you for being such an inspiration...thank you for your modesty in posting your tummy tuck pics as well...Was it all worth it in the end? the tummy tuck?

~Patricia

ojoj Sat, Dec-23-06 03:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia1
Thank you for being such an inspiration...thank you for your modesty in posting your tummy tuck pics as well...Was it all worth it in the end? the tummy tuck?

~Patricia

Best thing I ever did. I'm a completely different person both inside and out! I wish I hadnt left it so long, cos I've just spent the last 20 years hating myself.

Jo

WyoDiva Sat, Dec-23-06 10:25

What a great story! I wish I had the money for a TT...but I'm just glad to be slimmer.

You look amazing - thanks for your story, esp. your comments about being able to do it for the long-term/llife. That's what I'm striving for too!