Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   A question about MPLAN when doing Atkins (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=291165)

pipsqueak Tue, Mar-28-06 03:59

A question about MPLAN when doing Atkins

Ok, can someone clarify this, what carbs do I count or is this the final number minus the fib?

This is my breakfast reading.

Day totals CARBS = 6.1

Protein = 15.8

Fat = 41.4

Fibre = 3.9

Total Calories = 456

so which number am I going by the 6.1 with the fibre already minused or am I to minus the 3.9 fibre from the 6.1= I am confused.

so do I have 2.2 Carbs for Bfast or 6.1?

Rosebud Tue, Mar-28-06 05:13

Hi Pipsqueek,

The number to count is the PECC, or "possible effective carb count", which is the total carbs minus fibre. It is the second column from the right, between fat and calories.

HTH :)

Rosebud:rose:

pipsqueak Tue, Mar-28-06 07:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Hi Pipsqueek,

The number to count is the PECC, or "possible effective carb count", which is the total carbs minus fibre. It is the second column from the right, between fat and calories.

HTH :)

Rosebud:rose:

I dont understand rosebud, I only see the colums I listed, above nothing else. From right to left this is whta I see. I dont see anything that says PECC, can you please explain, thanks.

Meal Carb Pro Fat Fib Cals

tamarian Tue, Mar-28-06 07:34

Actually you'll see either PEXX or Fiber, depending on your settings. You can subtract fiber from carbs, but you need to be aware that it "may" have already been subtracted in the numbers in the USDA database.

Wa'il

pipsqueak Tue, Mar-28-06 07:38

Then something is wrong with my settings and if I barely ate but few carb s and I have already exceeded 23.1 tha is not right as lettuce 1 oz cant possibly cause this to increase something is not right. If somthing is 3 carbs and the fib is 2 then the remaining should only be 1 to count. This myplan then is confusing to me and quite inaccurate if this is how it works.

tamarian Tue, Mar-28-06 07:43

Nothing wrong with your settings, you can go and change it to PECC. The data is from the USDA nutritional database.

Wa'il

pipsqueak Tue, Mar-28-06 07:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Nothing wrong with your settings, you can go and change it to PECC. The data is from the USDA nutritional database.

Wa'il

How and where do I do this change?

pipsqueak Tue, Mar-28-06 07:56

Ok I got it changed, so tell me now the PECC is the final count for the carbs ingested?

tamarian Tue, Mar-28-06 08:07

Read the sticky about PECC in this area, as well as the FAQ.

Wa'il

pipsqueak Tue, Mar-28-06 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Read the sticky about PECC in this area, as well as the FAQ.

Wa'il

Okie dokie smokie, thanks much. :thup: