Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Pennsylvania (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48481)

PollyL Thu, Apr-02-09 22:06

Tastykakes are my downfall. Even the low-carb ones. Before I know it I'm facedown in the box, licking wrappers.

I lived in Philly and loved it for about a year. Once I finish my community college degree next year in December, I'm moving back to Philly to finish a degree at Drexel. I'm so excited! What is it about Philly? It's like a small 'big city,' manageable. The neighborhoods are unique and interesting. There's so much available!

MammaD10 Fri, Apr-03-09 05:58

Polly , Tasty cakes are indeed the best! I especially like Krimpets......but anyhow , they are low sugar , not low carb.

Which is a shame , cuz the sugar free ones arent too bad.

All you Philly people. I dont live there , but I do go there every 6 months to take my son to his Neurologist. It right in the middle of downtown Philly & I just love it!
Some day , I wanna go either alone or with a friend & just shop & walk around , see the sites etc. My son gets bored.....boys......lol

capmikee Fri, Apr-03-09 12:17

Here's another great Philly restaurant: Karina's on Passyunk just north of Tasker. It's a tiny little Spanish/Italian place. They make a couple different gluten-free dishes and they're really tasty. I go there for the carpaccio!

gweny70 Fri, Apr-03-09 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyL
Tastykakes are my downfall. Even the low-carb ones. Before I know it I'm facedown in the box, licking wrappers.

I lived in Philly and loved it for about a year. Once I finish my community college degree next year in December, I'm moving back to Philly to finish a degree at Drexel. I'm so excited! What is it about Philly? It's like a small 'big city,' manageable. The neighborhoods are unique and interesting. There's so much available!

I gotta agree....not sure what it is about Philly but I think one of the things I love is that it's a great walkable city w/great culture. DH and I visit a couple times a year...sometimes for a day or even just for a evening show (been to TLA 3 times in last 6 months. Adele was AMAZING), sometimes we stay the weekend and we always have a great time!! We found a place now when we stay that is right in the Italian market area and we love it! We walk EVERYWHERE! Great neighborhoods, great shows, great culture, and of course GREAT food! We were just there the beginning of March for a show at the TLA and for the Flower Show. Great times!

Gosh...I've never even tried the LC tasty cakes yet...I was too afraid what would happen. I have a bad feeling it would be like me and those evil Breyers LC Almond Icecream bars......bad, very very bad.... :)

napanda Sat, Apr-04-09 08:22

Hi!! I am from Pittsburgh...in the city...I am an Atkins '72 plan-doer...what is everyone up to these days? ready for spring? I sure am!!

chelsea78 Sat, Apr-04-09 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweny70
I gotta agree....not sure what it is about Philly but I think one of the things I love is that it's a great walkable city w/great culture. DH and I visit a couple times a year...sometimes for a day or even just for a evening show (been to TLA 3 times in last 6 months. Adele was AMAZING), sometimes we stay the weekend and we always have a great time!! We found a place now when we stay that is right in the Italian market area and we love it! We walk EVERYWHERE! Great neighborhoods, great shows, great culture, and of course GREAT food! We were just there the beginning of March for a show at the TLA and for the Flower Show. Great times!

Gosh...I've never even tried the LC tasty cakes yet...I was too afraid what would happen. I have a bad feeling it would be like me and those evil Breyers LC Almond Icecream bars......bad, very very bad.... :)

Yeah, that's what drew me here. I like the fact that it's a city, but not so big I feel lost like New York. Oh, and Wawa is evil...with those melty gooey cheese stuffed pretzels right next to the cash register. But I can't hate them, because they have no surcharge ATM's.

capmikee Fri, Apr-10-09 09:14

Hey there, Philly people!

Did you see the article in the Inquirer yesterday about keeping chickens?

http://www.philly.com/philly/restau...d_the_city.html

There's an oranization now that is trying to legalize chickens in the city of Philadelphia. They have an online petition:

http://www.artintheage.com/blog/upd...or-egg-farming/

phnx71 Wed, May-13-09 03:27

Hi Pennsylvanians! I live near Philadelphia, anyone still out there?

capmikee Wed, May-13-09 09:18

Still here! What town are you in?

PollyL Thu, May-14-09 15:22

Yup, we're still here. Welcome!

phnx71 Fri, May-15-09 04:08

I live in the West Chester area. :)

gweny70 Fri, May-15-09 07:59

Welcome!!!!

FancyKat Fri, May-15-09 09:09

I was born in Meadville, Pa and I am not in Pa now but I go there still as I am just two counties up in NY state.

I am still an PA person at heart. Just got stuck in NY state.

So, I like to chime in here.

Barb

gweny70 Fri, May-15-09 13:56

Good to have ya Barb!! WELCOME!!

FancyKat Sat, May-16-09 15:43

Thanks. I plan on leaving NY and if I don't go where it is warm in winter I think I will go back to Meadville. I have family down there as well as here too.

Barb