Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ontario members here? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=459970)

Myla Sat, May-03-14 19:17

Ontario members here?

I just joined, is there anyone from Ontario in here?
I'm always the only Canadian :p

Caroxx Sat, May-03-14 20:26

Hi Myla,

Don't feel alone! I'm from Ontario and I lost 25 lbs last year through low carb. It's a long boring story but I've been away but I'm back home now and need to lose weight I have regained as well as continue to move on to a lower overall weight. I lived in Brampton for a few years back when - love that town. Now we live north of Belleville. Hoping for all the best for you!

Myla Sat, May-03-14 21:43

Thanks for the warm welcome Carol, home base in in Brampton , but am all over Ontario during the week. Each morning begins at LA Fitness on Bovaird & McGlauglin.... my promise to myself.

How many carbs are you allowing yourself?

BTW, love your motto. Just like mine:)

SexyGirl Fri, May-09-14 10:26

Hi Gals,
I have done Atkins countless times over the years...and am pondering a return. Very hard to do at 57! Yikes. Lost 70+ pounds in 2007 on Kimkins...gained most back. Not even sure it will work as well this time around! I'm in Toronto.
Olwyn

Myla Fri, May-09-14 12:02

Hey neighbours! I'm almost at my goal. Those last 5-7 lbs are tough

CWatt Fri, May-09-14 13:25

I am in Oshawa, Ontario. I lost 60 lbs in 2012 at 58 years old, lapsed last year and regained 22 lbs.

Now I am back and have lost almost all of my regain in 3 months - and I turned 60 yesterday. So yes, it can be done!

I eat under 20 carbs a day - living on mostly meat, eggs, heavy cream, flaxseed, coconut & olive oil.

SexyGirl Fri, May-09-14 13:35

Thanks Catherine...I"ll keep that in mind. have to get organized and prep. I am not much of a meat eater, so I'm a bit conflicted. Chicken, maybe and eggs can sustain me.
Thanks Again!

CWatt Fri, May-09-14 13:50

I am not a meat eater either. I could give it up easily! In fact I have for years at a time, and I never replaced it with imitation meat products. I don't care for most vegetables. I can't have cheese, which would at least make the vegetables worth eating for me.

So I looked for meat I would willingly eat - I buy Schnieders Naturals which are gluten-free. Each day I have one salami stick, 1 ham slice and 2 strips of bacon. Add in two cups of chicken broth (mixed with a tbsp of coconut oil) and that's all the meat I eat. I also eat 4 eggs a day.

I am full and satisfied. I never feel hungry. I do allow myself one square of 90% dark chocolate each evening - that's my treat, and once I got past the bitterness of almost pure chocolate - I really enjoy it!

Kristine Fri, May-09-14 14:56

Hey Catherine, I live in the Shwiggity, too! :cool:

Myla, the Canada forum can be pretty quiet, but there are lots of Ontarians on the forum. :wave:

CWatt Fri, May-09-14 15:58

Oh, I never heard it called that, Kristine!
I grew up in Toronto, but we have lived in Oshawa for the past 14 years.

hummelda Wed, Jun-18-14 17:08

Ontario here too! Currently in Niagara-on-the-Lake but lived in Brampton for about 28 years. I lost over 100 pounds about 10 years ago with the support of this forum but managed to put it all back on so here I am, back again, and determined that this will be the last time I need to lose this weight. I'm 61 years old so it's never too late!!

CWatt Wed, Jun-18-14 20:41

Hi Louise! I am 60y old.

Kristine Thu, Jun-19-14 13:33

Hey, I remember you, Louise! NOTL is so nice. I lived in St Catharines for 9 years. I miss the wine country climate.

hummelda Thu, Jun-19-14 14:10

Hi Kristine, yes, I remember you as well ... I didn't realize you were in St. Catharines! I was in Brampton at that time, then moved to Toronto for a couple of years and am now retired and remarried and living an idyllic life down on the farm! :)

zoogirl Sun, Jul-06-14 18:18

Hi Myla, I'm in Ontario as well, and I am 62 years old. There is not a diet I have not tried... I belonged and worked for weight watchers for years. I had shoulder surgery a year ago and was off work for 7 months, it was awful, I was truly grounded, could do nothing. I gained some weight and decided to try lc for the quick weight loss, and what do you know, I absolutely loved the lifestyle. I will agree the last bit is tough to get off. Welcome to the site, I can't be much help, I'm still trying to find my way around as well. Nice to meet you