Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dr. Atkins .. passed away at age 72 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=99357)

Shelley J Thu, Apr-17-03 11:44

Plucked like a flower

We'll miss him for sure.

Thank you doc!

wwdimmitt Thu, Apr-17-03 11:44

Sad to hear the news.

It certainly cannot be said that Dr. Robert Atkins came to the end of his life without having really lived, nor of having failed to contribute to the general good of all human kind.

A true leader, and creative thinker regarding modern eating patterns.

We are all better off because Dr. Atkins had the courage, and the ability, to share his insights about adjusting our modern diets to counteract the bad developments of the past century.

Thank you, Dr. Atkins. RIP :wave:

Chloë Mae Thu, Apr-17-03 12:00

So saddened....

Just heard Dr. Atkins has died of his head injuries sustained in a fall on an icy NY sidewalk. This is so tragic and sad. I so prayed that he would make it and go on to further his work.

I regret not making the decision to do his WOE many years ago as I kept gaining on other programs. I so wanted to write him a personal letter telling me his WOE has been a God send for me.

Let's hope and pray that those who are left behind carry on his work the way he would have wanted.

Here's to you Dr. Atkins, you are now with the :angel:

red1cutie Thu, Apr-17-03 12:01

This is so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and all Atkins WOE'ers. May his soul rest in peace.

Peace
red

Fantasia Thu, Apr-17-03 12:03

A sad day, indeed.

I am still irked by the misrepresentations in the posted articles, but you know how the media runs with something inflamatory. Even in his death, they disregard the truth of the diet.

"..weight loss comes from mostly water.." tell that to the people who have lost hundreds of pounds.

"..tells his followers to eat meats and eggs, but no fruits and vegetables.." yeah. right. I eat more veggies now than I ever did.

He is owed respect, and sadly, most people do not find their due respect untill after they pass.

R.I.P. Dr. Atkins, you saved my life.

My prayers to the family.

adnil53 Thu, Apr-17-03 12:12

So sad to hear of Dr. Atkin's passing... it really is a sad day for sure. His Wife and Mother will miss him the most, I wish them the best...

MaineDaddy Thu, Apr-17-03 12:12

Thank You Good Dr.

Thank you Dr. Atkins.
You have touched all our lives more than you could know. Not only did you give us a better way of living, you did it all the while against the tide of popular nutrition. You stood the establishment on it's ear and forever changed the way people will eat and live. You spent your life saving ours, thank you.

You will not be forgoten.

alicat Thu, Apr-17-03 12:15

So sad

I too was hoping Dr. A would recover. How terrible that a patch of ice has taken such a wonderful man and pioneer from this world. My condolences go out to his wife and family. I am saddened that he will not be here to see the day (which we all know will come) when the medical establishment diffinatively vindicates his life's work.

Thank you Dr. Atkin's for saving so many peoples lives, you will be sorely missed.

Elihnig Thu, Apr-17-03 12:16

Anyone interested in a Dr. Atkins Memorial chat here on the forum; I will be on-line tonight in the chat room around 7 p.m. EST and Friday night.

Beth

doreen T Thu, Apr-17-03 12:16

Wonderful Memorial for Dr. Atkins ... posted at the Official Atkins Center website

In Memoriam -- Dr. Robert C. Atkins 1930 - 2003

:angel: :rose:

waiting Thu, Apr-17-03 12:19

I just head about it - this is so sad, he will surely be missed!!

nitrovixen Thu, Apr-17-03 12:20

What a sad day...
:cry:
Dr. Atkins, we will not forget what you taught us... Thank you for saving and enriching millions of lives!

R.I.P.

Sheri

n0ah Thu, Apr-17-03 12:38

Dr Atkins life was and will remain a gift to so many Beings of our world. His death brings tremendous loss to All. His family weeps. You weep. I weep.

May the Angels meet him.

.....a moment of silence for this unique and beloved Being.....

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

n0ah :cry:

erbadger Thu, Apr-17-03 12:48

Thank You Dr. Atkins

Thank you Dr. Atkins for introducing me and so many others to this WOE. Thank you for your contridutions to the field of nutrition, and soon this WOE will be a WOL for all. You will be missed.

quietstorm Thu, Apr-17-03 12:59

Oh no !

I heard it at 9:02 AM Pacific time.
The world mourns..........