Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Lost 50 Pounds... 25% to Goal (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=474970)

JohnDM Sun, Sep-11-16 08:35

Lost 50 Pounds... 25% to Goal

Got on the scale this morning and saw 376, which is a 50 pound loss from the 426 I was at earlier this spring. Quite sure I was over 430, but was too afraid to weigh myself.

I wasn't going to post anything here, because I have so much further to go, but 50 pounds is 50 pounds... if my journey was a football game, the first quarter is OVER! Can't say I feel much different, and no one has noticed anything yet, but that's the way it goes when you start well over 400 pounds. Still... I am pretty happy.

I have 162 days to lose 76 pounds to get under 300 for a big round birthday coming up. I know I am obsessing over that... but it is truly motivating for me, so I want to hang on to that goal. Losing 3.3 pounds per week would be required, which isn't that far away from healthy, consistent weight loss.

ReneeH20 Sun, Sep-11-16 10:04

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
50 pounds gone FOREVAH!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

JEY100 Sun, Sep-11-16 12:44

You scored big in the first quarter! :clap: :cheer: :clap:
Round birthdays are great motivators; remember there will be many more birthdays to come.

CityGirl8 Sun, Sep-11-16 13:39

Congratulations! Don't diminish your amazing achievement (or let anyone else do so) by saying "Well, I still weigh X" or "It's only 25%." Fifty pounds is A LOT to lose regardless of where you started and how far you have to go.

You are doing great!!

khrussva Sun, Sep-11-16 20:54

Congratulations!

:dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle:
:dazzle: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dazzle: :dazzle:
:dazzle: :cheer: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :cheer: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :cheer: :dazzle:
:dazzle: :cheer: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :cheer: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :cheer: :dazzle:
:dazzle: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dazzle: :dazzle: :cheer: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :cheer: :dazzle:
:dazzle: :dazzle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :cheer: :dazzle: :cheer: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :cheer: :dazzle:
:dazzle: :dazzle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :cheer: :dazzle: :cheer: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :cheer: :dazzle:
:dazzle: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dazzle: :dazzle:
:dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle:

Awesome Job! 50 pounds is a big deal! And so fast, too! Just stay on the road you are on. It only gets better from here.

Jamackarch Sun, Sep-11-16 22:12

YAHOO!!! Bravo to you, John! THAT is absolutely fantastic!
:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Grav Mon, Sep-12-16 02:25

Hahaha look at that John, you got the same Ken treatment that I got when I lost my first 50. :lol:

Well done mate, looking forward to seeing you join the triple digits club someday soon!

JohnDM Mon, Sep-12-16 08:52

Thanks for all the support. Love this place. Won't find a better educated or more supportive community anywhere! So thank you Renee, Janet, CityGirl, Ken, Grav, and Jamackarch. Love those cheerleaders!!