Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Candida Yeast & IBS (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   apple cider vinegar (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=387649)

slimjane11 Tue, Dec-23-08 20:03

apple cider vinegar

So I've tried using apple cider vinegar in recipes and buying veganaise (uses grape seed oil and apple cider vinegar) and mustards that use apple cider vinegar....gives me a terrible stomach ache and makes my cravings for sugar much worse. Everything I've read says that apple cider vinegar is great for battling Candida. Anybody know why I'm having these reactions or have similar reactions?

Slimniki Fri, Dec-26-08 10:45

You are killing more yeast as a result. This will make you crave sugar more! Part of the die off symptoms. I had the same reaction as well as many more. You may want to check the ingredients on the veganaise, I think it may be made with soy too? That may be giving you the issues. But I would scale back on the amount of ACV (with the mother) and gradually build back up to ease your symptoms.

I am able to have about 3-4 TBSp per day now with no effects.

slimjane11 Fri, Dec-26-08 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimniki
You are killing more yeast as a result. This will make you crave sugar more! Part of the die off symptoms. I had the same reaction as well as many more. You may want to check the ingredients on the veganaise, I think it may be made with soy too? That may be giving you the issues. But I would scale back on the amount of ACV (with the mother) and gradually build back up to ease your symptoms.

I am able to have about 3-4 TBSp per day now with no effects.

Do you get bloated when you have acv? Usually when I have things that cause die off symptoms I just get really gassy, super lethargic, and have loads of body aches...when I have acv I get really bloated which is exactly what happens when I eat anything I'm not supposed to...so bloated I have to take off my belt usually!!!

Slimniki Fri, Dec-26-08 11:06

I did at first, but not anymore. I thought it was because of a combo of factors. When I first started the protocol raw garlic and onions made me really bloated and gassy because of the the killing going on! So anytime I start a new anti-fungal this is usually my body's reaction. Again this may be one of those things you may not be able to tolerate. How are you doing on the rest of the protocol? What are you doing right now? Is this the only new thing you have added?

slimjane11 Fri, Dec-26-08 22:10

welll....i actually haven't started the diet hardcore like...i get way too sick every time i try. i'm still eating cheese in very small amounts and a couple nuts here and there. yes, it is the only new thing i've added to my diet recently.

gopnik Wed, Aug-26-09 14:16

I've read that any type of vinegar is a no-no on Candida diet because it's fermented. Is this incorrect?

Thanks!