Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Soups Sauces & Appetizers (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Alfredo Recipie - TO DIE FOR! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=352869)

toeie Wed, Oct-24-07 06:42

Alfredo Recipie - TO DIE FOR!

1 Pint cream
2 Tbs. of cream cheese (i used almost 4oz)
3/4 parm cheese
1 Stick Butter
1tsp garlic powder (more if you like garlic!)
------------------

In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and Garlic powder. Simmer this for 15 - 20 minutes on low. Keep simmering as long as you can, it makes it so much better!!!

DELISH!!!!!!!!

Can freeze the extra - makes alot!

googoo Wed, Oct-24-07 08:01

Thanks....can't wait to try it!

wisdom1 Wed, Oct-24-07 08:23

alfredo's my favorite!!

Thanks for the recipe....I love alfredo sauce. :yum:
What do you eat it with? chicken and broccoli with alfredo sounds great.
How many carbs in the sauce, do you know?

Addict3d Wed, Oct-24-07 10:02

I do this, but I sautee chicken breast in a frying pan using butter and a little oil. I sprinkle garlic powder on the chicken while it cooks. When the chicken is done, I sprinkle it with parmesan cheese on both sides and let it brown just a bit more. Then I remove the chicken and add the cream cheese and cream, scraping the cooked bits of chicken and cheese off the bottom of the pan. I add more parmesan and garlic if needed.

My whole family loves it. I keep the extra sauce to use with any type of meat that I'm eating for lunch. My lunches are generally leftovers which I think have sort of a weird taste when it comes to meat. This covers that up really well. I'm actually having this for lunch today- the chicken and the sauce.

Yummy.

locarbbarb Wed, Oct-24-07 10:47

This sounds delicious...however, just for the heck of it I calculated the calories...2835! I hope it makes about 28 servings! :lol:

alsmez Wed, Oct-24-07 11:06

Looks like it would have around 20 grams of carbs for the whole recipe - not too bad, considering that a little probably goes a long way. Can't wait to try it!!!!

toeie Wed, Oct-24-07 11:36

a little does go along way! But its good to keep in the fridge or freezer to put on broccoli or chicken, pizza quiche, anything! If you get it just right it really is better than Olive Garden! Enjoy ;)

JAnn Wed, Oct-24-07 11:38

It looks like it makes 3 cups. If you use a half cup per serving that would come to 472 calories--not bad.

I've save it as it sounds good. I would make it using my Magic Bullet--simple and easy.

Elizellen Wed, Oct-24-07 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeie
3/4 parm cheese
Is that 3/4 cup of parmesan? and one stick of butter = 4 ounces?? (we dont have 'sticks' of butter over here)

Kisal Wed, Oct-24-07 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
Is that 3/4 cup of parmesan? and one stick of butter = 4 ounces?? (we dont have 'sticks' of butter over here)
It's 1/2 cup of butter. I have had the original recipe for a long time, and it states "1/2 cup butter," which here in the states is "1 stick." There are usually 4 separately wrapped portions in 1 lb of butter.

wisdom1 Thu, Oct-25-07 09:20

I tried it & it was great!

I made this alfredo yesterday and it was really good!
My kids loved it, too. So I didn't have to make separate meals for a change.
Thanks. :thup:

swingdance Fri, Dec-28-07 16:30

I was just LOOKING for a recipe for Alfredo!

i LOVE it on chicken..MMM

gonna try it!

Thanks!

Tish437 Fri, Dec-28-07 17:36

I think that is 3/4 CUP parmesan cheese.

swingdance Sat, Dec-29-07 19:50

I just made it and 3/4 cup of Parmesan works GREAT!

OMG..it is Goooooood!

Eating it with Chicken right now

swingdance Sat, Dec-29-07 19:52

Forgot to add..I bought the littlest tiny round Gladware cups..there are 8 in a pack for $2.49. Just divided it up into 8 servings. I know Alfredo freezes, so I can keep a couple in the fridge for now, and freeze the rest. Take 'em out when I want one!

MMMMMM

Thank you