Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Hello...is there anybody out there? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=372931)

Pinks Sun, May-11-08 23:04

Hello...is there anybody out there?

:wave: I refuse to believe I'm the only UK low carber here. Come and chat people
Pinks
x

feelskinny Sun, May-11-08 23:22

You're not!!

They'll come....in the meantime; Hello from Saskatchewan Canada.

Welcome!

catkin Sun, May-11-08 23:53

:wave: Hi Pink's Im from the uk week 3 of low carb. How long have you been lc ing

Pinks Mon, May-12-08 02:09

Hi to lovely Canada and a fellow UK-er
I've been low carbing for 2 weeks now...after 3 weeks on the cambridge diet it feels like absolute heaven. I love it!
Pinks
x

oblong Mon, May-12-08 07:20

Hello Pinks, I'm from London and have been low carbing since the beginning of April, and loving every minute of it.

I've got a friend who did the Cambridge diet... that's with the soup sachets isn't it? He was doing it for months, but ended up with an intolerance to some of the ingredients, put weight back on and is now eating a very low calorie diet of salad and popcorn. I told him about the low carb that I was doing, but he immediately poo-pooed the idea.

Pinks Mon, May-12-08 09:11

I have to say, the first day after Cambridge, food came as such a shock to the system
However, I am now well and truly back in the saddle and loving my lc woe.

Where in London are you, Oblong?

Pinks
x

oblong Mon, May-12-08 09:24

Glad you're enjoying the WOL.

I'm in Camden, a North London girl my whole life :)

carlh_uk Mon, May-12-08 14:07

Im usually here browsing :) I have been trying variations of low carb for a few years now! Im in bristol.

Elizellen Mon, May-12-08 16:30

There are quite a few of us about the various forums.

I have been Atkineering since June 2003.

I am from Bournemouth

Pinks Tue, May-13-08 02:42

I'm originally a Sarf London girl, but moved down here to Petersfield 10 years ago.

Its nice to know there are other UKers here.

How is everyone doing today?

Pinks :)

b0llywud Tue, May-13-08 03:23

Hi all, I'm here!! lol I'm from Peterborough. Be really good to get this up and running properly - would love to share any lc finds from supermarkets!

oblong Tue, May-13-08 04:32

Pinks -- Sarf London you say? Well you and me, we might come to blows if that's the case! :D Of course, I am just kidding!

b0llywud -- I have been doing specific low carb buying online, for example, Da Vinci sugar-free syrups from here and whey protein powder from here. I only really use supermarkets for meat, fish, poultry, veg, fruit, nuts and some dairy produce.

However, I have discovered a company called Conscious Chocolate that makes raw chocolate bars, which are absolutely delicious, and I sometimes buy as a treat. Here is their website listing various stockists around the country

Kimberleyb Tue, May-13-08 04:53

Hi, just joined also from UK. Where the heck do you buy stevia in Blighty? I think we have pretty good substitutes for a lot of the other US ingredients - should start a thread on that, best UK alternatives, as some of them do have me confused. :-*

Pinks Tue, May-13-08 05:15

Hiya

Welcome Kimberley and Bollywud

I found some Atkins goodies in Boots yesterday, which is good when I fancy a treat!

Is Stevia the plant?

Pinks
x

Pinks Tue, May-13-08 05:43

What do you use your whey protein powder for, Oblong?

I bought some Soya protein powder to make shakes, but to be honest, I dont really know what to do with it.

Pinks