Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Semi Low-Carb Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Marty Kendall's Data-Driven Fasting (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=484792)

BawdyWench Tue, Mar-09-21 07:12

Thanks, yet again, for the great info. I'll check it out.

It's so easy to not want to log a reading when it's a little high. Oops! I forgot to enter it this morning. I have to keep forcing myself to enter everything, even if I don't like the number ... because it's DATA. It's not good or bad, it's just DATA.

JEY100 Tue, Mar-09-21 07:17

:lol: Today's a good day to read the FB page. First day of Hunger Training everyone is confused. Many good questions and answers.

In fact, Bob Farrell, just opened a HOT ROOM...jump in and ask him a question.

BawdyWench Tue, Mar-09-21 08:10

Sorry, but I don't know where to find the Hot Room.

Is there a special place to go for Marty's daily posts?

JEY100 Tue, Mar-09-21 09:22

The Daily Posts are in also Guides, up in the header of Tabs. First seen in the Main page/Timeline

A Hot Room just pops up willy-nilly if there seem to be a lot of basic questions, and a moderator is there to help. There is a Rooms tab...that might have when the Room is "open"??

I just scroll through the posts to see what's happening.

The Room may be in Events too?

BawdyWench Tue, Mar-09-21 11:47

Aha. Yes, the daily posts have so far sounded suspiciously identical to the information presented in the guide, which in turn are suspiciously identical to the book. I do re-read them every day, because no one can remember everything after only one reading.

I checked out the Rooms tab, but didn't see anything there. Must have ended by the time I got there.

BG 81. Time to eat!

JEY100 Wed, Mar-10-21 05:34

I think you asked about the formula to determine the trigger. Marty posted a few hours ago the pros and cons of recording every premeal number taken. They are still refining it, but as it stands now:
Quote:
The downside, though, is that recording more premeal BGs means it will take longer for Your Personalised Trigger to drop (because it's based on the average of ALL of the 'premeal' blood sugars you have logged over the past 7 days. However, this may not be a bad thing, as many people find that they struggle to meet their trigger after a few weeks.

BawdyWench Wed, Mar-10-21 06:52

I'm recording most of my pre-meal levels, though I sometimes forget to do the one right before dinner. That makes sense that my trigger would drop quickly since the only pre-meal reading I'm consistently logging is before lunch, which comes typically 18 hours after the last meal (dinner the night before).

thud123 Wed, Mar-10-21 09:02

Hi guys. I'm having a good time so far. I wasn't able to get to trigger for second meal yesterday. It shows in waking number (pretty low for me) from my past limited experience with DDF (solo) the later and more I ate the higher (around 100+-3) it will be the next morning regardless of WHAT I ate, more WHEN

Pre Meal Reading: So far I've been pretty lucky (2 meals) where my BG reading was near enough to my trigger that it said "OK to eat!"

I'm really going to try to make sure not to wait too long in the morning to eat, this might make it easier to have a meal later in the day if I get hungry. I was kind of hungry last night but BG was too high.

BawdyWench Wed, Mar-10-21 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
I'm really going to try to make sure not to wait too long in the morning to eat, this might make it easier to have a meal later in the day if I get hungry. I was kind of hungry last night but BG was too high.

Kind of the same for me. My first meal is usually around 1:00 pm, and then I'm often not very hungry for dinner so I know my BG isn't down to the trigger yet. Eating the first meal a bit earlier might help with that.

I'm also tracking using the spreadsheet, even though it is not officially being used in this Challenge. Part of the Hunger Training worksheet has cells to enter the time you have your first meal and your last meal of the day, and then calculates your eating window. If I do a 20/4 fast/eat window, I'm rewarded by green shading; an 19/5 window shows as yellow; an 18/6 window shows as orange, and a 16/8 window shows as red. This is getting way ahead of things, though, since this is only Day 5 officially. I'll keep recording the times, but won't pay much attention to the results yet.

BawdyWench Thu, Mar-11-21 17:23

I find this frustrating and confusing.

My trigger is 87, which means my pre-meal readings have been as low as the upper 70s and some in the upper 90s. Prior to my lunch at 1:00 this afternoon, my BG was 83. I had a 6 oz burger patty (85% lean) with 1 slice of cheese and 1 Tbsp low-sugar catsup. Also had 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt (which alone usually makes my BG go down).

More than 5 hours later I took another reading and it was 104. Dinner was already in the oven so I ate. I just had 4 oz of pork tenderloin with a teaspoon of butter.

Why would it have risen so much after a lunch of pure protein, and then stay up there even after more than 5 hours?

JEY100 Fri, Mar-12-21 05:18

I think what was happening when I had high pre-dinner BG was the effect from food prep, hunger, etc. FAQ# 73, body anticipating food raises BG.
Since I didn’t want to delay dinner, and I did want to eat with DH, I fixed that as my Main Meal. I have never been an evening snacker, so no problem to start the fast then.

BawdyWench Fri, Mar-12-21 05:30

The thing is, I wasn't really hungry for dinner. Also, the only meal prep was throwing a pork loin into the oven.

Dinner is my main meal, but I was following Kendall's advice to front load the protein earlier in the day. I think from now on I'll have a much lighter lunch so that I'll be hungrier (and hopefully with a lower bg) for dinner.

Janet, I think you said you lost 25 pounds over the two challenges since November. Was it linear, or did your progress constantly get interrupted by setpoints?

In my first 10 days I lost 5 pounds. Since then, nothing, and it was 3 weeks as of yesterday that I've been on the plan. I can't count the extra couple of pounds lost (and later regained) when I had to fast totally (and got a good internal cleanout!) prior to the colonoscopy.

I know. Be patient. Things are happening internally. I do feel different, leaner, and clothes are beginning to be looser. Inches beat pounds any day. Got it.

JEY100 Fri, Mar-12-21 07:10

:lol: Not that fast. I started DDF on August 5th, lost 13 pounds before the November Challenge, first one I officially joined. From the Challenge, which started week before Thanksgiving to the day after New Years, lost another 5 pounds...call that a success to lose anything through the holidays! With the January 2nd DDF challenge, now NO Masterclass, I’ve lost another 8 pounds but am at a BMI of 24.3, which is fine with me to maintain for a while. :wave: Slow and steady, no large drops, and some weeks with no weight loss at all.

BawdyWench Sat, Mar-13-21 06:08

I was down almost 2 pounds this morning, so now I'm ecstatic!!! Funny how a little progress puts you in an all-new frame of mind.

JEY100 Sat, Mar-13-21 08:19

:lol: and maybe a new trigger too!