Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I had to do it...I bought a bike. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=480467)

rpavich Tue, Jun-05-18 07:29

I had to do it...I bought a bike.

I am back after a LONG 10 year binge. I had LC'd for 4.5 years before and really didn't exercise at all but this time I want to start doing SOMETHING...so I bought a bike.

It's a 3 speed beach cruiser, just something to get me off my butt and out of the house. I'm pretty excited but it doesn't come until next week.

Ms Arielle Tue, Jun-05-18 07:56

:wave: :wave:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Welcome back. Exercise is never a bad thing. :D

Enjoy your new toy---lots of adventures ahead.

rpavich Tue, Jun-05-18 08:12

Thanks very much!

khrussva Tue, Jun-05-18 09:30

I bought a semi-mountain bike this past Sunday -- a Goodwill find. I took it for a 7 mile spin last night. I had not ridden a bike in over 25 years. I was a little wobbly in the beginning, but it all came back to me quickly. It was both fun and a good workout at the same time. I hope to make cycling part of my regular active lifestyle. The one thing I do have to re-learn is how to be safe on the road with cars. As a teen I had plenty of practice getting around on busy streets. I'm a little rusty.

Good luck with your new bike. Be safe. Use it regularly and have fun. I can't say that exercise did much of anything to help with weight loss, but I do know that it helped bring me back to life. I'm more fit and capable because of my daily activity. Walk or ride, make regular physical activity part of your lifestyle. You won't regret it.

rpavich Tue, Jun-05-18 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I bought a semi-mountain bike this past Sunday -- a Goodwill find. I took it for a 7 mile spin last night. I had not ridden a bike in over 25 years. I was a little wobbly in the beginning, but it all came back to me quickly. It was both fun and a good workout at the same time. I hope to make cycling part of my regular active lifestyle. The one thing I do have to re-learn is how to be safe on the road with cars. As a teen I had plenty of practice getting around on busy streets. I'm a little rusty.

Good luck with your new bike. Be safe. Use it regularly and have fun. I can't say that exercise did much of anything to help with weight loss, but I do know that it helped bring me back to life. I'm more fit and capable because of my daily activity. Walk or ride, make regular physical activity part of your lifestyle. You won't regret it.

Thanks Ken!

You are my inspiration.

The streets are narrow here where I live so I have to really watch for bad situations.

Kristine Tue, Jun-05-18 12:57

Nice! I have yet to bring my bike up from the basement for the summer. Like Ken, traffic is an issue for me, but I generally stick to my quieter streets and quiet weekend mornings.

I bought a detachable basket for mine, and I like to ride to the grocery store when I need to pick up a few things.