Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kick Nicotine Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Has anyone used... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=378026)

Tish437 Thu, Jul-17-08 17:41

Has anyone used...

Alan Carr's book to help you quit smoking?

FattyFFO Tue, Jul-22-08 10:28

Ive not heard of him...do you have read it or just asking about it?

Tish437 Tue, Jul-22-08 10:37

I've read it, now. I finished it last Sat. afternoon, and I haven't had a cigarette since then. 400+ reviews on Amazon, for a five-star review. That many people can't be wrong!

Kisal Thu, Aug-21-08 23:26

You know, I just finished it and didn't think it was all that great. :confused: Maybe that's because I had already quit smoking, though. I don't know. I kept wondering when Carr was going to tell me how to quit. Eventually, I did find that information, but much of what I saw was that he wanted people to go to his clinics. Dunno. The book does get excellent reviews, though, and seems to have helped many, many people quit. :agree:

LMMS Sat, Aug-23-08 00:04

Allen Carr

I quit smoking & drinking from his books. I actually quit first, then heard about the books. He did have seminars but I didn't go. He's dead so I guess it would just be who ever took over.

Next Friday Aug. 29 will be my one year anniversary. I smoked and drank for 22 years. I am free. Maybe it was me, maybe it was the book,, or a little of both. I think when you are really done, you just are. I just sometimes think it had to be the book because I have no idea how I did it if not for the book.

Good luck to all Non Smokers!! It's a great life.

Lisa

feelskinny Sat, Aug-23-08 02:30

It really is.

To be honest the only way I finally quit smoking, was simply because I got to the place where I really wanted to.

Save your $.

Quit when you're ready.

LMMS Sat, Aug-23-08 15:03

I agree, you can't stop smoking for anyone else. U just have to be so sick of it. I still don't know if the book made me quit but if it had a little bit of help, I just felt the couple of bucks was worth it. I think I spend many thousands of dollars on the smokes. But now that the year off is coming up pretty soon I guess it really had to be me sick of my life smoking. I love the energy I have now. I felt like it was chaining me down and now I am free. I do hear of people going back to smoking after they quit for more than a year. I am afraid that might happen to me. I just wonder if anyone ever went back if they hated the smell as much as i do. i think I am allergic to it or something weird. I gag when I smell one and that didn't happen before. Maybe the book did that for me. Don't know but it is great to have no cravings at all ever. Now, if I could only get rid of the ice cream cravings. There aren't as many but I just know that some chocolate chip ice cream would be good. I know being the carb addict that i am, I am done with ice cream.