Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Confession Booth (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Dec. 26 Christmas bloat (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=436692)

Brinethery Mon, Dec-26-11 18:28

Dec. 26 Christmas bloat

I wish I hadn't had so much Champagne... 4 glasses worth. I don't have a hangover, but my stomach is so bloated today.

I also had some chocolate mousse cake (22 g carbs).

This doesn't seem like much, but I am so used to this WOE that I am paying for my actions today!

I wasn't really craving any of these foods, but I thought what the hell it's Christmas. I have learned my lesson this year and luckily, I have no cravings.

I hope everyone else had a great Christmas even if you cheated like I did :wave:

Aradasky Mon, Dec-26-11 20:42

Lol, I cheated too. Champagne, small glass of wine, but cookies. Oh my goodness cookies. I am not going to weigh in until the first. Maybe I won't keel over with shock if I get back on track first! Lol

chermac Mon, Dec-26-11 21:39

I cheated too. Ate the bread stuffing and fruit cake - lots of both. I feel bloated, ponderous and clumsy. BLAH!

anthonyc Mon, Dec-26-11 22:32

Cheated during dinner on Christmas eve and day. Both days I did walk 7 miles, so hopefully I can keep the gain to a minimum. Back to clean eating today though, with an 11 mile walk. Powered by the previous nights lasagna, cookies, pie, bread, ect. Lol

Brinethery Tue, Dec-27-11 02:12

It sucks for me because since my boyfriend is Russian, there are FIVE days that we are celebrating something between Dec. 25-Jan. 7.

December 25th - the day that Americans celebrate Christmas
December 26th - the day Russians celebrate Christmas

Dec. 31st - New Year's Eve

Jan 1st - New Year's day

Jan 7th - Orthodox Russian Christmas holiday

I feel like I'm down in the trenches trying to fight the low-carb fight, but the people we visit aggressively try to shove food in our faces. My bf's not LC (although I wish he was), but I am and as much as I wish they would respect my food choices and accept the answer "no" the first time, this is real life and if I never learn to deal with these awkward situations, that means I can always be pushed into eating things that I shouldn't eat and am probably not even craving.

For our next celebration, I think I'm going to stick with just having a couple alcoholic drinks and a very LC plate of food. I know I sound lame, but a delicious fatty piece of meat and one type of green veggies with butter tastes like luxury food to me. I just don't see the point in eating things like potatoes, rolls, or dessert anymore.

anthonyc Tue, Dec-27-11 07:12

A wise man once said it doesn’t matter what you eat from Christmas to New Year’s. What really matters is what you eat from New Year’s to Christmas.

Aradasky Tue, Dec-27-11 07:43

And Anthony, you are a wise man. True words.....

dmarie328 Tue, Dec-27-11 10:45

I got on the scale today and only gained 1 pound but I think maybe it's cause the carbs I ate gave me diarrhia, bloating, gas and was'nt worth it.

Brinethery Tue, Dec-27-11 13:33

Anthony - Wise words, indeed.