Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   My Home's in Montana! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=46955)

katrine77 Sat, Jun-08-02 07:29

My Home's in Montana!

Greetings from the Big Sky state. I would love to know if there are any LCers from SW Montana. It's lonely out here!
k :sunny:

mtwomn Sun, Feb-02-03 18:12

Took a few months to find this BB. If I was still in Butte would love support each other. It is also lonely out in eastern Washington. But the support in these BB is wonderful.

katrine77 Tue, Feb-04-03 07:49

Hi MTwoman!
Nice to know you're out there. I know there are more lc'ers in Bozeman, but I just haven't found any. But they are out there....busily buying up all the lowcarb food at Safeway and Walmart. Apparently they don't know about this forum. I don't know what I would have done without this forum in the beginning. It was my only source of support. Still is, I just don't seem to get here as often anymore.
Thanks for replying to my message. Hope this WOE goes well for you.
kathy :roll:

Jaggedpeac Mon, Feb-10-03 08:21

Hello from Kalispell. Not exactly the SW part of the state but if you're in Montana you have something in comon right there.

katrine77 Mon, Feb-10-03 21:07

Hello Kalispell!!! Nice to hear from you. I am delighted to find other lowcarbers in (or from) Montana. I've been lowcarbing for about 10 months and feel better than I have felt in 20, heck, 30 years! So tell me, do you have a hard time finding low carb treats and snacks up there. I recently came across Ross's Chocolates in Safeway. I am sooo happy since I am a chocolate freak and they are definitely the best.
Happy LC'ing! :roll:

iseeku Wed, Feb-12-03 10:20

Montana LC'er here!!!!

:wave: Greetings!!!!! :wave:

Was just cruising through the list of members and found Montana people....YIPPEE!

I am in itty-bitty-ville.....Lincoln. Finding LC food is difficult.....almost feel like a scavenger at times....but am lucky that half of my little town of Lincoln is LC-ing.....and we have some good store owners! If I ask and they can find it...they'll get it, but I pay for it!!!!!

Stay in touch...it ure would be nice to have a Montana support group! I have a dream of a "buyers group" where everybody could chip in and split cases, etc.....

It is but a dream at the moment.....Stay in touch tho!!!!

Montana rules!!!!!! :rheart:

sue222 Thu, Feb-13-03 20:03

How wonderful to see some low carbers in Montana!

I am near Thompson Falls in Western Montana and don’t know any other low carbers in the area. I would love to hear from any of you other MT low carbers!

katrine77, I was up in Kalispel in the late fall, and found tons of l/c stuff at Sundrop Health Foods.

I have been low carbing since May of last year, and other then the first 3 weeks, (when I was never sure what I could eat) have loved this WOL! I have so much more energy, and all the joint pain that I was experiencing before this WOL is just an unpleasant memory.

I would also be interested in a MT low carb support group!

Sue

iseeku Fri, Feb-14-03 14:30

Montana LC support group....

SIGN ME UP!!!!!

I commute to Helena every day....so can be found in a larger locale, although Lincoln is a nice place to run away to....

:D

shama Thu, Mar-06-03 12:03

Hi Katrine77,

I'm a fellow montanan too! I reside in Kalispell, how long have you been lcing? I've been doing since early Feb. Its not working so good, I'm at a stand still. I suppose if I just keep at it will happen soon, hope so. Hope all is well with you, and good luck! hope to hear from you!

shama :roll:

katrine77 Sun, Mar-30-03 10:36

Hi Shama.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I just haven't checked this thread in a while.
I have been lcing since April 29, 2002. I have lost about 40 lbs, I think, but it's hard for me to be completely sure since I do not use a scale and only check my weight every 3-6 months at my nutritionists office. Mostly I check measurements and clothes.
But beyond weight loss, which was the original reason I started eating this way, I have experienced the unexpected benefits of feeling SO MUCH BETTER than I have in 25 years!
I spend most of my adult life ( I am 51) as a psuedo vegetarian, by that I mean avoiding meat most of the time, except for wild game, chicken & fish and mostly eating vegies and bread and pasta.
LCing has literally changed my life. I have no more mood swings; way more energy; need less sleep; more clear headed. These are the basic reasons why I will probably eat this way the rest of my life.
I have been at a stall now for about 5 months. But I still feel good and see ketones frequently, so I am trying to be patient. I still have about 50 lbs to go (I might settle for another 40, tho)
I am chocolholic and recently found Ross's chocolate bars at Safeway in Bozeman, so I am thrilled. Although, they may be what is contributing to my stall!
I don't know anyone down here in Bozeman who is lcing but I know they are here. Hope you have better luck finding people up there in Kali.
Nice to hear from you.
Kathy :wave:

SpecialK Tue, Jun-17-03 00:43

Another Montana LCer

Hey from Absarokee. I'm in the south central part of state, appx 35 miles from Red Lodge. Don't know if any of you will even see this as it's been so long since the last post. Just wanted to add my name to the Montana support group. Keep LCing....Karen :wave:

katrine77 Sat, Jun-21-03 16:09

Welcome Karen!

My computer crashed so I haven't been here much. Got a new one now, tho, so I'm back.
So great to see so many from MT. I know there are more.....I see them at WalMart rumaging through the ATkins chocolate!
My weight loss feels slowed down, but still feels like it's happening. Anyway, it almost doesn't matter, cuz this is a way of life for me now! I feel great!

So how long have you been LC'ing, Karen and how's it going?

k :wave:

katrine77 Sat, Jun-21-03 16:13

OOPS!

OHMYGOSH! Karen I just took a look at your stats more closely.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!... Now THAT' inspiring!!!
k :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

nomofat Sun, Jun-22-03 07:01

Hello Hello Hello MONTANA has LCers I can't believe it, I am so happy!!!!!!!! I am in way tiny almost not there Cooke City. I am so delighted to see there are some of us out there. I have been LCing for about a year.................but was not really well behaved through the winter oh woe is me but I didn't gain any back. Now I am back to being very good and feel wonderful again and to add to it I find you guys yipppppeeeeeeeeeee
Joey

nomofat Sun, Jun-22-03 07:12

Hello Hello Hello MONTANA has LCers I can't believe it, I am so happy!!!!!!!! I am in way tiny almost not there Cooke City. I am so delighted to see there are some of us out there. I have been LCing for about a year.................but was not really well behaved through the winter oh woe is me but I didn't gain any back. Now I am back to being very good and feel wonderful again and to add to it I find you guys yipppppeeeeeeeeeee
Joey