Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   post suggestions and feature requests here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=228354)

Itty Wed, Feb-09-05 17:32

Hi Tamarian

So sorry if this has been asked before...

I entered bagels and regular bagels came up. I eat the lo carb Atkins bagels, so I don't want to add 60 g carbs to my list when they are 8g (plus I only eat half)

Mary

PS this is a fantastic little tool! It is fun! I don't do fitday, too much work.

tamarian Wed, Feb-09-05 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty
I entered bagels and regular bagels came up. I eat the lo carb Atkins bagels, so I don't want to add 60 g carbs to my list when they are 8g (plus I only eat half)


You can create a new custom food item for lc bagles.

Shortly after beta testing, we'll start looking for custom entries for any lc items entered by our members and making them "public", so they can be shared by other members. Same for recipes, you'll be able to see all validated recipes contributed by members, and ensured for data validity.

Wa'il

Itty Wed, Feb-09-05 17:47

Thanks!

Oh! I've got another one...

Would I do the same (create under custom) for a multivitamin? I couldn't get into supplements.

Mare

tamarian Wed, Feb-09-05 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty
Thanks!

Oh! I've got another one...

Would I do the same (create under custom) for a multivitamin? I couldn't get into supplements.

Mare


Yes.

The supplements category was recently created so members can create their custom supplement items :)

We'll also be converting some of those custom items to public items, so others can use them.

Wa'il

LC-Laur Wed, Feb-09-05 19:49

It'd be nice if on the custom recipe page you could enter an amount or the number of servings instead of only having the option to enter the number of servings.

For instance, I have a spinach dip recipe that makes 3 cups and I'd like to simply enter that it makes 3 cups so that when I do go to enter it into my daily intake, I could just choose "1 Tablespoon" or "1/4 cup" or something like that instead of having to estimate how many servings are in my dip.

tamarian Wed, Feb-09-05 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-Laur
It'd be nice if on the custom recipe page you could enter an amount or the number of servings instead of only having the option to enter the number of servings.

For instance, I have a spinach dip recipe that makes 3 cups and I'd like to simply enter that it makes 3 cups so that when I do go to enter it into my daily intake, I could just choose "1 Tablespoon" or "1/4 cup" or something like that instead of having to estimate how many servings are in my dip.


I'm not sure I understand. The serving amount is up to you. Let's say my recipe makes 2 meatloafs. If my serving is 1/2 a meatloaf, then my recipe make 4 servings, each being 1/2 a meatloaf.

What might be missing though is the serving description. It just calls it a serving. Maybe we can a serving description field, so one can type the text describing their serving size.

Wa'il

dane Thu, Feb-10-05 01:04

Quote:
What might be missing though is the serving description. It just calls it a serving. Maybe we can a serving description field, so one can type the text describing their serving size.
Yes, please! I keep forgetting to ask about this, ;)

LC-Laur Thu, Feb-10-05 08:55

That'd work. :thup:

tamarian Thu, Feb-10-05 09:17

O.k., check the new recipe page. There's a number of servings field, and a serving name field.

Wa'il

tamarian Thu, Feb-10-05 09:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerGirl
Now, on to he the suggestions: Can you please include an ounce selection in the food catagories for ALL foods? I live in the US and weigh all my food on a scale that measures ounces. Typically the smallest ounce serving I consume is 4 -- but it would be nice to be able to use lower measurements; For example, sometimes I eat 2 ounces of blackberries and 2 ounces of strawberries. I'd like to be able to calculate the nutritional value specifically, rather than a generic "mixed berries" or assigning the whole meal to one berry or another.


There's now a 1 ounce serving size by default to all the food entries (including new custom items and recipes).

Also, in the "Edit Settings" page, you can change your default serving size (100 grams or 1 ounce) for food entry, recipe editor, and bulk entry form.

Wa'il

dstartz Thu, Feb-10-05 15:38

Would it be possible in the 'gym' area to simply write what we do each day instead of having to enter each thing separately?

I now use my journal to post my exercising, but would really rather have it in another area. Plus, I've started doing HIIT walking and it really doesn't fit into the gym's format.

Many thanks for all your hard work!!!!

Donna

tamarian Thu, Feb-10-05 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstartz
Would it be possible in the 'gym' area to simply write what we do each day instead of having to enter each thing separately?

I now use my journal to post my exercising, but would really rather have it in another area. Plus, I've started doing HIIT walking and it really doesn't fit into the gym's format.

Many thanks for all your hard work!!!!

Donna


Can you give me an example of what you'd like to enter and where and how it's put together?

Just need to visualize what you mean :)

Wa'il

dstartz Thu, Feb-10-05 15:49

Here's a link to my journal.

Here's last night's entry:

Wednesday, Feb 9, 2005

Dumbbell Curl

8 lbs ~ 28
10 lbs ~ 8

Dumbbell Wrist Curl

8 lbs ~ 31
11 lbs ~ 11

Dumbbell Reverse Wrist Curl

5 lbs ~ 12
8 lbs ~ 8

Treadmill___

5 min ~ 2.1 mph
1 - 3.1 mph ~ 30 secs; 2.2 mph ~ 1 min
1 - 3.1 mph ~ 30 secs; 2.2 mph ~ 45 secs
1 - 3.2 mph ~ 30 secs; 2.2 mph ~ 45 secs
1 - 3.8 mph ~ 30 secs; 2.2 mph ~ 90 secs
1 - 3.7 mph ~ 30 secs; 2.2 mph ~ 90 secs
1 - 3.6 mph ~ 30 secs; 2.2 mph ~ 90 secs
1 - 3.4 mph ~ 30 secs; 2.2 mph ~ 90 secs
1 - 3.9 mph ~ 30 secs; 2.2 mph ~ 90 secs
3 min ~ 2.1 mph
2 min ~ 1.9 mph

Total 24 mins walk time

__________________
http://dstartz.com/LC


tamarian Thu, Feb-10-05 16:20

So you want to enter that as text message?

Wa'il

dstartz Thu, Feb-10-05 16:49

If you would like to make it so that we have drop down menus of exercises and boxes to fill in time and reps that would be nice. I don't know what it would take to set it up so I won't ask for much so text would work, too.

It would be nice if it was so we could see a graph of our progress, but, again, I'm not doing the coding...


Thank you for this opportunity!!

Donna/dstartz


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:52.

Copyright © 2000-2022 Active Low-Carber Forums @ forum.lowcarber.org
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.