Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   post suggestions and feature requests here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=228354)

bigted Sat, Feb-05-05 10:26

Hi Wa'il,

I am not sure where to put this so my aplolgies if I've used the wrong thread. My apologies also if I have missed something. How do you edit a recipie? I am not sure how I can get to the recipie once I have entered it into My PLAN? I am sure I have just got a slow brain and I am missing something really obvious.

Thanks,

Steph

tamarian Sat, Feb-05-05 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted
How do you edit a recipie? I am not sure how I can get to the recipie once I have entered it into My PLAN?

The quickest way is to go to the "Food Lists" page, then click "My Recipes". It will show a list of your recipes, along with links to view and/or edit each recipes.

Wa'il

Gailew Sun, Feb-06-05 18:16

I haven't read the entire thread, so my apologies if this was covered--I can't seem to enter avacado into my daily entry. I will eat them often, please help. Thanx, Gail

tamarian Sun, Feb-06-05 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailew
I haven't read the entire thread, so my apologies if this was covered--I can't seem to enter avacado into my daily entry. I will eat them often, please help. Thanx, Gail

Here you go:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.p...ls&item_id=9037

Wa'il

Gailew Sun, Feb-06-05 19:00

Thanks, Gail

BawdyWench Mon, Feb-07-05 04:50

GREAT new feature! Thanks to the Administrators!!!!!

Jiggerz Mon, Feb-07-05 07:46

I'm trying to add a customized food, I'm American and I've never seen "energy" listed on a food lable, this is what?

Thanks,

Michelle

tamarian Mon, Feb-07-05 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggerz
I'm trying to add a customized food, I'm American and I've never seen "energy" listed on a food lable, this is what?

Thanks,

Michelle

That would be the calories.

Wa'il

ljw32 Tue, Feb-08-05 08:58

I am wondering if there is a way to only show the grand tot on the menu instead of having the different meals total too. Too many numbers kind of hard to read. I can get used to it but just wondered!

tamarian Tue, Feb-08-05 09:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljw32
I am wondering if there is a way to only show the grand tot on the menu instead of having the different meals total too. Too many numbers kind of hard to read. I can get used to it but just wondered!

Do you mean on the summary page?

The left side has a table containing the day totals, on the right side, it contains the small weight chart, meal breakdown, and exercise information.

You can ignore the meal table, since the left hand table (looks like a product label) contains all the day totals.

Wa'il

ljw32 Tue, Feb-08-05 11:52

Ok- I see that now on the summary page- I was referring to the entry page but I can just look at the summary. Now another question- what does ECC mean? It says carbs-fiber but I don't see the fiber being subtracted from my total.

tamarian Tue, Feb-08-05 12:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljw32
Ok- I see that now on the summary page- I was referring to the entry page but I can just look at the summary. Now another question- what does ECC mean? It says carbs-fiber but I don't see the fiber being subtracted from my total.

ECC is Effective Carb Count, which is the actual carbs without the fiber.

Most of the entries in the database already have the carbs discounted, so the ECC is identical. But there are exceptions, where the carbs have not been subtracted, either by the USDA-SR17 database, or by the manufacturer.

Wa'il

4beans4me Tue, Feb-08-05 12:53

When I add a new item, sometimes I forget to specify which meal and it is added to Breakfast. Is there a way to add a Move to Breakfast, Move to Lunch etc tab to drop down under *with selected items* ? :)

tamarian Tue, Feb-08-05 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beans4me
When I add a new item, sometimes I forget to specify which meal and it is added to Breakfast. Is there a way to add a Move to Breakfast, Move to Lunch etc tab to drop down under *with selected items* ? :)

Yes, it's on my list of things to-do :)

Wa'il

DaddioM Tue, Feb-08-05 17:15

Hi,

I really would like to use my journal to put ALL my thoughts.. the ones I want to share.. and the ones too private to share with anyone but myself (basically I want my journal to become my diary).....

.......so.. here is my request.... an "invisible" font that would appear to the thread owner (or post owner) only. That way I could put all my musings in my journal for later perusal and reflection. Right now.. I end up using the delete key a lot because I get going and go "whoops' that's too private for public consumption.

I know I could separate my thoughts.. public and private into different locations, but when I am using my journal as my way to capture my thoughts and attitudes, it really breaks things up to have to go to another document too.

I know this seems a little off the wall.. but I've seen lots of "edited posts" because people decided that what they put out there was not for public consumption. I think that even those darker posts are good for us to have to look back on to see how our attitudes have progressed over time.

I love this forum!!

Mike