Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Professor Charles Clarke High Protein Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48809)

CHRIS BRAY Wed, Jun-26-02 09:36

Professor Charles Clarke High Protein Diet

I have just read Professor Charles Clarke High Protein Diet £7.99 W.H Smiths It’s the same as Atkin with out the waffle. It’s simplistic in its explanation, very inspirational and has lots of menus and simple exercises at the back. Well worth it for the recipes alone.

Drenboy Fri, Jun-10-05 06:00

Dear Chris,

I used the New High Protein Diet myself and lost 3 stone 6 lb over about 10 months (with the odd day off here and there for birthdays and other celebrations). I prefered it to the Atkins diet as it was far easier to understand and with far less rules.

D

lburnikell Sun, Jun-12-05 04:52

I might give it a try, I think I need something new to insire me and get me out of this slump of being unable to stick to a plan for more than 2 days

SylviaUK Mon, Jun-20-05 14:52

I've been following the CC plan for the last six months or so, finally beginning to get results :) That slice of bread he allows makes all the difference for me :D

lburnikell Tue, Jun-21-05 08:01

Ive just bought his new one the low gi low carb diet do you think this will be much different to the high protien??

SylviaUK Mon, Jun-27-05 15:30

Sorry, haven't read the new one, but I suspect it will be very similar - after all, the principle still works so why muck it up just to run with the latest gizmo? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburnikell
Ive just bought his new one the low gi low carb diet do you think this will be much different to the high protien??

lburnikell Mon, Jun-27-05 17:49

glad to hear now I just need the motivation to get me back on track!

nobunthanx Tue, Aug-16-05 12:14

HI Chris,
THats a real coincidence as I just read a review of his latest book in the LowCarb and Atkins monthly (www.atkinsmonthly.com) Seems like the new book is quite good. I have the new high protein diet (the one with the blue cover) And i'm slowly working my way through the recipes. So far most are very nice indeed.
All the best,
NBT

megonly Wed, Aug-24-05 00:18

I just ordered his book, (the original one, but would greatly appreciate knowing what foods he forbids, so I can start to phase myself into it while I await book shipment. I live in Kansas in the U.S. Thanks so much in advance.

SylviaUK Thu, Aug-25-05 14:08

Basically, the forbidden foods list is pretty much the same as Atkins, with the exception that one slice of wholemeal bread per day is permitted - the starting level of carbs is 40g or less as opposed to 20g on Atkins induction.

The diet is also more directed to the UK market than Atkins is, eg the recipes are measured by weight rather than in cups etc.

Good luck, hope it works for you :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by megonly
I just ordered his book, (the original one, but would greatly appreciate knowing what foods he forbids, so I can start to phase myself into it while I await book shipment. I live in Kansas in the U.S. Thanks so much in advance.

megonly Fri, Aug-26-05 00:59

Thanks, Sylvia!

I am eager. I went to my library today and found two books on L.C. lifestyle. I am deep into reading them, and anxious for my book by Dr. Clark. I think the additional carbs sound very sensible, and will relish the one slice of bread. Better one than a half dozen as I used to eat.

Best wishes to you,

megonly

SylviaUK Mon, Aug-29-05 13:21

You're welcome, megonly, and best wishes to you too.

Let us know how you get on once you've got the book. :D

Leedslass Fri, Nov-11-05 03:13

The difference I noticed is that he uses "pure" foods i.e. no replacements / frankenfoods, and puddings are out - probably because he doesn't have a processed food empire to promote. It has been some time since I read it but I really like the plan and have been roughly following it for some time now. Having used Splenda and other sweet substitutes etc in the past I do feel it has worked much better for me to drop the sweet stuff completely and then re- introduce perhaps small amounts of high-quality chocolate.

collinson Mon, Aug-17-09 10:04

HI I HAVE JUST STARTED ON (THE NEW HIGH PROTEIN DIET) AND I HAVE READ THE BOOK OVER AND OVER AGAIN. WHAT I DO LOVE ABOUT THE BOOK IN THAT I DONT AFTER WORRY ABOUT MY CALORIES INTAKE AS LONG AS I CAN KEEP MY CARBS DOWN. MY CARBS INTAKE ARE FROM 15g TO 20g FOR THE DAY. WHICH I AM REALY HAPPY ABOUT AS I FIND COUNTTING CARBS ALOT BETTER THAN COUNTTING CALORIES. THE ONLY THING IS I THINK I GO OVER MY CALORIES INTAKE FOR THE DAY SOME TIMES 3,000 TO 3,500 IS THIS BAD? BUT IT DOSE SAY IN THE BOOK NO MATTER HOW MANY CALORIES I HAVE I WANT PUT ON WEIGHT AS LONG AS I KEEP MY CARBS DOWN. IS THIS RIGHT OR WRONG WOULD LOVE YOUR INFO ON THIS THANKS VERY MUCH ANDY

Le-anne Sun, Aug-23-09 10:10

Hi Guys

I have just bought this book and have only skim read it so far but it looks great and seems to make sense! How those of you that have already started getting on? And how does this plan differ from atkins?