Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Comments Box and Technical Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Forum Outage - November 23 - 24 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=481625)

Jamackarch Sat, Nov-24-18 16:37

I'm so happy to get on!!!

Been trying to come here since Thursday night (Thanksgiving)... got a Server Down message... then a 504 message...

Hope we are ll good now!!!

Missed it!

LCer4Life Sat, Nov-24-18 17:41

Yay! Glad to be back. Missed everyone. I drink my java with you each morning.

jessdamess Sat, Nov-24-18 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
I'm so happy to get on!!!

Been trying to come here since Thursday night (Thanksgiving)... got a Server Down message... then a 504 message...

Hope we are ll good now!!!

Missed it!

My user control panel still isn't working.

doreen T Sat, Nov-24-18 18:54

Our server died of old age, folks :(. Right now we're running the most recent back-up version of the forum from before the crash, which means roughly 20+ hours' worth of data may be permanently lost. The webmaster is doing his best to recover as much as possible :exclm:

Some things might not be working correctly or not working at all, at least for the time being. Including the gallery, some pictures including avatars, some aspects of the control panel (hint .. try using the Quick Links tab, from the green bar along the top), MyPLAN .. It's a work in progress, so please be patient.

Be aware, there could be more time-outs ahead. We'll do our best to announce in advance if possible.

Thanks for understanding :rose:

Doreen

mike_d Sat, Nov-24-18 19:22

Well, at least you have backups :)

LiterateGr Sat, Nov-24-18 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Our server died of old age, folks :(.

Ouch! So sorry!

Glad you were able to get us back up and limping along, even if it's not fully fixed, yet.

The LC forum I was part of years ago no longer exists.... I was going to be really upset if I lost this place!

Support means so much.

Glad you were able to get us back online.

GRB5111 Sat, Nov-24-18 22:27

Good to see some activity after a couple days. Glad it's repairable.

rightnow Sun, Nov-25-18 00:31

25Nov2018: Updating Profile throws Error

Staff: You guys can delete this once it's seen. I just wanted to tell the webmaster (see title) since I know the forum just came back up after some issues. - PJ

Ambulo Sun, Nov-25-18 02:50

Thank you for all the work put in to getting (most) of the forum back.

doreen T Sun, Nov-25-18 05:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightnow
re - 25Nov2018: Updating Profile throws Error

Staff: You guys can delete this once it's seen. I just wanted to tell the webmaster (see title) since I know the forum just came back up after some issues. - PJ
No need to delete, PJ. It's helpful to know these details. As I noted above, some functions aren't working correctly or even at all .. including profile pictures, avatars and other functions of the control panel, MyPLAN entries and charts, and the gallery.

Clicking the UserCP link on the green bar at the top will just yield an error message. However, if you click Quick Links instead, you may be able to access specific control panel pages, such as subscribed threads, signature and other profile-editing options.

Give that a try :idea:

Doreen

Just Jo Sun, Nov-25-18 06:44

Heartfelt thank you to Doreen and all the behind the scenes peeps that keep this site up and running!

Glad you got it working again!

Respectfully,

Just Jo :)

mike_d Sun, Nov-25-18 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Clicking the UserCP link on the green bar at the top will just yield an error message. Doreen
Worked for me just now?