Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   HUGE Milestone Moment Today! Lost 50th Pound! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=482773)

sjcchoops Sun, Jul-14-19 11:34

HUGE Milestone Moment Today! Lost 50th Pound!

We began on May 12th and have stuck to the Induction phase.
I started at 395.9 and today weighed in at 343.7! So excited for our progress as my wife is also down approximately 23 lbs and is closing in on 200.

Thanks to all of you who continue to motivate!!

Ms Arielle Sun, Jul-14-19 11:36

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Way to go!!!

CityGirl8 Mon, Jul-15-19 11:03

Wow! 50 lbs. in two months! Congratulations.

JEY100 Tue, Jul-16-19 03:24

Awesome, congratulations to you both!! :cheer:
Keep track of health changes too, not just weight loss. Those NSVs, non scale victories. There will be times ahead when the scale may not drop rapidly, but by then I had a list of unexpected changes...life long eczema healed, seasonal allergies didn’t happen, joint pain mostly gone in two months, etc.

Lbangle Tue, Jul-16-19 07:54

:wave: :wave:

Fantastic! Congratulations to you both! Keep on plugging and soon you will be 100 down!

WereBear Tue, Jul-16-19 10:09

WOW! DH found out he’d lost 50 pounds today, too.

Meme#1 Tue, Jul-16-19 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
WOW! DH found out he’d lost 50 pounds today, too.

WOW, That is amazing!!!! :agree:
50 lbs must make a huge difference for him!
He must be in need of new clothes.
Good influence you are!

WereBear Tue, Jul-16-19 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
WOW, That is amazing!!!! :agree:
50 lbs must make a huge difference for him!
He must be in need of new clothes.
Good influence you are!

Aw, shucks...

Mayflowers Sun, Jul-21-19 06:11

Wow! Great Job! My goal is 50 lbs... it's going slowly..

WereBear Sun, Jul-21-19 06:30

I think when things are going slowly it’s the body concentrating on healing. If we don’t give up, w will move forward.

CMCM Sun, Jul-28-19 08:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcchoops
We began on May 12th and have stuck to the Induction phase.
I started at 395.9 and today weighed in at 343.7! So excited for our progress as my wife is also down approximately 23 lbs and is closing in on 200.

Thanks to all of you who continue to motivate!!

Super fantastic progress, congrats to you both. :cheer:

What I have learned the hard way over more years than I care to admit is that there are TWO essential things that lead to weight loss success: CONSISTENCY and TIME. Consistency with your diet (meaning no cheating) and then give the body enough time to drop the weight. The body will lose faster in the beginning, and then slow down. It will lose weight faster at some times than others, no matter how good you are in following the diet, so don't get discouraged when that happens. Just keep on keeping on and you'll get where you want. Never as fast as you want it to happen, but it WILL happen.

BeachDonna Sun, Jul-28-19 19:24

And your health has certainly improved, too!!
Good job!

kathleen24 Sun, Jul-28-19 20:13

There's the fat between the head and the toes, and the fat between the ears, and both of them take time to make lasting changes--and a good thing, too. Your life is going to be so different at 250 (or beyond!) that's it's well for all of us that the changes are incremental and relatively small.
The winds of change may blow differently for each one of you, as well, so that a day one of you is on top of the world, the other is in the corner in a semi-fetal wondering how to cope with the pain in the absence of your old friend, food.

Persist. Use your support systems. One of the surprises for me was that people I thought would be happy for me were threatened by my changes, and others whom I thought barely knew I existed were my cheerleaders. As time passes, those challenges smooth out, but between the behavioral, physical, mental, emotional, and social changes, you'll have a lot rocking your world.

Time and the weather will get the swans to Swansea. Just keep beating those wings and doing what works. You're adding years to your life and life to your years, and it's worth everything it takes. Best wishes for your continued success.