Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Pennsylvania (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48481)

Twins0516 Fri, Sep-11-09 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by liddie01
I live in mount carmel, an hour from harrisburg

:wave: My great grandparents live there.

I live right out side NE PHILLY!!!

Anyone from this area??

Atrsy Sun, Sep-27-09 10:20

I can't believe how long ago I started this thread. I lived in Mechanicsburg then, but have since moved to Snyder County. I find it difficult to lose weight here because of all the
Amish bakeries and bulk stores. Of course, there are also lots of seasonal fruits and veggies.

I haven't seen anyone post from this area. Could it be because people around here don't agree at all with low carb?

So if you live in Snyder or Union Co. give me a shout.

jeminijad Wed, Jan-06-10 17:20

This thread is not very happening!

I'm in Northeast Philly- who is still out there? I need LC friends!

capmikee Thu, Jan-07-10 09:20

I'm still here.

Would anyone be interested in a Philly low-carb meetup? We love to eat at McCormick & Schmick's. I would consider Fogo de Chao too, though I would need to check on their gluten-free status.

GypsyAngel Wed, Apr-21-10 13:44

Hellllooooo! Any Pennsylvanians still around?

I am back to this forum after a number of years. Thought I'd check to see if there was a PA thread. This one doesn't look very active but thought I'd bump it up.

I live in Lancaster County and work in Chester County.

Anyone else still riding the LC train in PA?

Gypsy :D

gweny70 Wed, Apr-21-10 14:24

Here here!! :)

capmikee Wed, Apr-21-10 14:53

Doin' good. I have a new favorite grass farmer - Rineer Family Farms.

http://www.rineerfamilyfarms.com/how-to-buy/

They're in Philly three days a week, and their beef is much better than any other grass-fed beef I've had in the area. It's expensive, though - even bones and organs are $4 a pound.

bigtim27 Fri, Apr-23-10 11:21

I live in holmes, Ridley township, Delaware county pa 20 minutes outside Philly. I grew up in South Philly. Moved out to the burbs 3 years ago.

Blondie888 Sun, May-30-10 20:32

I live in Pittsburgh. Doesn't look like there's too many of us...

capmikee Tue, Jun-01-10 07:09

We just went on a big road trip this weekend and I am happy to report that many amusement parks have gluten-free food. Knoebel's in Elysburg (near Bloomsburg) has bison burgers from meat grown just up the road. Hershey Park has gluten free options at their major food courts. I think they might even have gluten free buns, if you're into that sort of thing.

GoddessLit Tue, Jun-01-10 07:22

Just chiming in York County resident here! :wave:

bsgatz Thu, Jun-10-10 18:20

Lycoming County Here...somewhat close to you I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrsy
I can't believe how long ago I started this thread. I lived in Mechanicsburg then, but have since moved to Snyder County. I find it difficult to lose weight here because of all the
Amish bakeries and bulk stores. Of course, there are also lots of seasonal fruits and veggies.

I haven't seen anyone post from this area. Could it be because people around here don't agree at all with low carb?

So if you live in Snyder or Union Co. give me a shout.

Hello Atrsy!

I am in Lycoming County...you are the closest person I have yet to find near me. I am close to the Williamsport area - if you know where that is??? I haven't been on these forums in quite some time. I guess what has brought me back is the fact that I have just recently started doing Atkin's once again and always remembered this site as being my favorite place to go for support, advice, and new recipe ideas for anything I seek in my low-carb journies.

How has low-carb success been for you? are you currently doing a low-carb regimen?

Well maybe we will get to know each other through here...drop me a line or two when you get a chance.

bsgatz

mfish Thu, Jun-10-10 19:38

Another Pittsburgh here :wave: !!!!

Blondie888 Thu, Jun-10-10 20:10

Hi Mfish! :wave:

bigtim27 Fri, Jun-11-10 05:24

I haven't been on this board in a bit but just wanted to check in and say hi to my fellow PA low carbers. When I started I was at 280 lbs I weighed in today at 260 so things have been going good for me.