Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rebel Ice cream (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=483124)

Nancy LC Wed, Oct-30-19 12:56

Rebel Ice cream

Oh man, it is AWESOME! I got it from Whole Foods. I like how they say how many net carbs are in the whole pint because... face it, a serving size is a pint! https://rebelcreamery.com

s93uv3h Thu, Oct-31-19 03:08

I signed up for email notification for my zip code and found out the local Smith's now stocked it. Drove down and they have one pint left - chocolate. I was looking at the ingredients and vanilla and chocolate was the sparest (least amount of this and that) - most appealing to me.

My pint said 6g in large print, even though they now show a 4g chocolate pint. The 6g adds up to 4g - 1/2 c serving, 4 servings (aka 2 cups), 1 net gram per serving - so 4g it is. I think the 6g is a misprint.

The chocolate was good! I'll try to keep this to special occasions - maybe several times a year. That is the plan anyway lol.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2...ng?v=1568565039

Meme#1 Thu, Oct-31-19 12:06

I looked it up and both large stores near me sells it.

Here are the nutrition facts that I looked at:
Total Carbohydrate Amount Per serving 10g 3%
Dietary Fiber Amount Per serving 2g 8%
Sugars Amount Per serving 0g
Sugar Alcohol Amount Per serving 7g

Bob-a-rama Thu, Oct-31-19 17:20

I've been getting it at Publix. Good stuff. Keto Ice Cream. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

I like the Mint Chocolate Chip, Cookie Dough, Butter Pecan, and I just bought Coffee.

I eat 1/4 pint for a serving. It's difficult to control myself and not consider the entire pint a single serving ;) it's that good.

Bob

SheilaQ Thu, Oct-31-19 19:49

I love it and it seems to have no negative effect on my weight loss. Favorite is chocolate and strawberry, I get both and mix them. I find Rebel to be self-limiting in that if I eat too much, say a whole pint, I suffer minor gastric distress.

Bob-a-rama Fri, Nov-01-19 07:46

The coffee is good. Not as sweet as the others, but a nice coffee taste with chocolate chips generously mixed in.

I've also had carb-smart ice cream bars, vanilla with a chocolate coating embedded with nuts. It's easier for that to be a single serving than an entire pint sitting in front of me ;)

Bob

Meme#1 Fri, Nov-08-19 14:03

I got the chocolate and it was good but had a funny dry consistency in that it fell into chunks when I scooped it with the spoon. Maybe melting it a little would help.
Coffee sounds interesting with choc chunks...

Gypsybyrd Fri, Nov-08-19 16:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
The coffee is good. Not as sweet as the others, but a nice coffee taste with chocolate chips generously mixed in.

I've also had carb-smart ice cream bars, vanilla with a chocolate coating embedded with nuts. It's easier for that to be a single serving than an entire pint sitting in front of me ;)

Bob

I agree. The Carb Smart bars are my preferred treat. The embedded almonds in the coating reminds me of toffee.

Gypsybyrd Fri, Nov-08-19 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
I got the chocolate and it was good but had a funny dry consistency in that it fell into chunks when I scooped it with the spoon. Maybe melting it a little would help.
Coffee sounds interesting with choc chunks...

After I tried the first one, I read the interior seal "let defrost for 15 minutes before eating for creamier experience." Or something along those lines. I was too impatient!

Although ... having to wait 15 minutes could eradicate the desire for ice cream. :lol:

Meme#1 Fri, Nov-08-19 16:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsybyrd
After I tried the first one, I read the interior seal "let defrost for 15 minutes before eating for creamier experience." Or something along those lines. I was too impatient!

Although ... having to wait 15 minutes could eradicate the desire for ice cream. :lol:

Just goes to show I didn't even stop to read!! :lol:

Bob-a-rama Sat, Nov-09-19 07:56

I'm good for about 5 minutes before I say, "What the heck, let's eat!!!"

s93uv3h Sat, Nov-09-19 09:18

Nuking works.

Bob-a-rama Sun, Nov-10-19 08:02

How long, what heat?

Whenever I try nuking ice cream I get cream without the ice ;)

ditamac Tue, Nov-19-19 09:59

Rebel Ice Cream

Do not soften Rebel Ice Cream in the microwave.

Set the Ice Cream on the counter around 15-29 min BEFORE you want to eat it. You can then scoop it out to eat.

I believe it is the best Ice Cream on the Market even though it is rather expensive. Mostly $5.99/pint where I live. Me and my husband think it is worth it. We share one pint for dessert.

Meme#1 Tue, Nov-19-19 10:28

I'm not sure I'll buy it again, frankly it might start up a bad habit that I got out of my world several years ago. We are creatures of habit and I am afraid that it might imprint a really bad habit in my brain.