Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   creamy garlic parmesan chicken (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141947)

eve25 Thu, Oct-09-03 14:50

creamy garlic parmesan chicken

i dont know if this has been posted before but i have made this recipe for a long time and never realized it was super low carb (and the easiest dinner ever). i dont even measure anything. you just mix together:

mayo
parmesan cheese
chopped garlic
oregano (i use a lot)

spoon it over chicken breasts in a dish. cook at 350 for about....40 minutes maybe. if its browning too quickly cover it with foil.

it has a great flavor. i make it for guests and they always think i went to too much trouble. little do they know its even easier than ordering out.

Ohio Kim Thu, Oct-09-03 14:53

Sounds delicious. I have been eating the basics since starting this WOE in September and am ready to start getting creative.

BeccaResRN Thu, Oct-09-03 15:54

mmm sounds delious and flavorful...with a nice salad would make a great meal

Tedmom Fri, Oct-10-03 08:45

Have all these ingredients on hand and am going to try this tonight. Thanks!

eve25 Fri, Oct-10-03 11:18

thats the best part tedmom, its stuff you ALWAYS have on hand.
let me know what you think.

missymagoo Wed, May-19-04 11:18

i am going to have to try this - sue

Cinderella Tue, Jun-01-04 09:59

sounds great!!! :D

missymagoo Thu, Jun-03-04 01:04

okay! i just made this dish on wed. it was great!!!! so easy to fix. i did forget the chopped garlic but it was still very good. sue

FionaMcB Thu, Jun-03-04 01:50

I do this on red snapper, it's good and easy.

PilotGal Tue, Jun-08-04 07:02

Just looked in the fridge... yup, have all the ingredients.. and there's always chicken breast in the freezer... this looks like a winner eve! my roasted zucchini fries would go well with this!!!

PilotGal Tue, Jun-08-04 13:58

well, i made this recipe today for lunch for me and the kid, and i happened to have a can of artichoke hearts in the cupboard. threw that and some frozen broccoli florets too, and we gobbled the whole thing up!! can't believe it.

Lowcarber Tue, Jun-08-04 14:11

It sounds very similar to a topping I use for a reciped called "Heavenly Sole". Only difference is I add chives, and top it onto Sole fillets (or even Cod for that matter). The normally fussy eaters around me gobble it down like it is going out of style. They never knew fish could be so palatable.

erinleigh Tue, Jun-08-04 15:31

I'll have to try this! Sounds yummy!

PilotGal Sat, Jun-12-04 15:11

out of all the recipes i've tried, this one and the tofu "chips" rank highest on my weekly staples.

Good job whoever discovered this one.. tastes like chicken alfredo... yummy

PilotGal Fri, Jun-25-04 08:50

Since my last post on this thread, 6/12, i've made this dish at least 7-8 times. It's the best alfredo i've had for low carbing.....

I bought some turkey thighs yesterday. I'm going to try the turkey thighs in the alfredo sauce, and bump up the broccoli to 1 cup and i bought fresh mushrooms.. will add fresh mushrooms, and frozen broccoli to this to beef up the carbs (veggies)

Anyone reading this... this is a very brilliant recipe. and simple as hell.
i don't like to heat up my house with the oven.. so i do it in a big covered casserole dish and microwave it. today i was thinking about doing it in the crock pot. i bought 4 turkey thighs.

Will keep this recipe abreast from time to time for those of you that love alfredo sauce. :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: