Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Quick Meals & Snacks (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Baked Jalapeno Poppers (not too spicy) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=234125)

ARo Mon, Feb-14-05 08:09

Baked Jalapeno Poppers (not too spicy)

4 Jalapeno Peppers (Fresh)
Cream Cheese
Bacon Crumbles

- Cut peppers in half length ways
-Remove all seeds. (that's what makes them so hot) If you have sensitive skin, wear kitchen gloves. The seeds could "burn" your skin.
-Fill with cream cheese and top with bacon.
-Bake in oven at 350 until cheese is hot and peppers are softened.

Sorry no exact time or measurement. I just estimate when I cook.

nocarb Mon, Feb-14-05 11:02

Yum. I actually made some of these yesterday. I mixed my cream cheese with shredded cheddar and I wrapped the peppers in bacon that I had baked til half way done.

ARo Mon, Feb-14-05 18:39

mmmm...your version sounds great

WyoDiva Fri, Jul-15-05 14:21

Hey, gang...wanted to bump this one again because it is SOOOOO dang delicious...I make this by stuffing the jalapeno half with cream cheese, then wrapping each half with 1/2 bacon slice. It works out to about 1.8 carbs per jalapeno half. Nectar of the Gods!!!!!!!

misskimbee Fri, Jul-15-05 16:23

ooooh damn, I'm a gonna need to try this now!!!

Red Head Thu, Jul-28-05 06:40

Yummmy - I have to try these!

leasmom Sun, Oct-09-05 07:38

Oh my god, did you say bacon and jalapeno poppers, oh god I've got to try this one!!!

leasmom Sun, Oct-16-05 10:25

This was good. I would like for the peppers to be a little more crisper though, is there some way to make them kind of crispy, like half baking them and half frying them or something? It was good but a little mushy to me.

neela26 Sun, Oct-16-05 10:28

These sound really good. Unfortunately, it seems like I'm one of the few who doesn't like bacon. Dh likes bacon so I think for him I can make it that way. I'm wondering if I can use something else to coat them?

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

LadyBelle Sun, Oct-16-05 12:48

You could try coating them in many the same things used for chicken.

Low carb bread crumbs
Parmasan cheese
pork rinds
low carb bake mix
nut or lower carb flours ect.

Many of these may need an egg bath to get coating to stick

Alison1976 Tue, Oct-18-05 00:19

I just made these and didn't coat them with anything. I could only find jalapenos in jars here (no fresh ones), and so I just de-seeded them and hollowed them out and rinsed them thoroughly (to get all the nasty pickling juice off them), and then stuffed them with a mixture of cream cheese and cheddar cheese. I am simplist, what can I say! I baked them for around 10 minutes or so, until they were bubbling over and browning. And then I ate them! And I cried and my nose ran because they were so spicy (and I have a high tolerance)! I found that the more stuffed (to overflowing), the better.

Also, does anyone know if they are higher in carbs than fresh ones if they have been canned? I guess they must soak up some of the vinegar and other stuff used to can them, but I rinsed mine as much as I could.

My metabolism must be roaring now with the amount I sweated while eating these!

meesa77 Sun, Oct-23-05 00:12

I love these! I make them all the time. If you cook them on the grill, just till the bacon is cooked, the pepper is still crisp.

I strongly recommend using gloves. The jalapeno oil can really stick to your skin. I had a bad experience after making them one night and putting my contacts in the next morning, after washing my hands 10 million times!

lindseymom Sun, Oct-30-05 22:16

i got this chicken dip recipe from here. cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and some canned chicken chunks. mix all toghether, bake 20 min in 350 deg oven. then i filled the jalapenos with this dip. wrapped some of them w/bacon. baked . delicious w some low carb ranch dressing. yum i know whats for dinner tonight

jimsbride Mon, Oct-31-05 06:16

I made this and it was sooo salty that it almost ruined it. I would like to try it without the bacon and see if that helps.

Jimsbride

gumby142 Mon, Oct-31-05 10:51

Crab Meat

Try adding some drained canned crab meat to the mix. Wonderful!!